First Garden Kit Ideas

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images
I know if I was the lucky enough to be given items to begin my garden with I surely would like something like that so that way I would have a place for my bucket of tools plus also room to put the bounty from my hard work so that way I wasn't trying to carry anything and everything all at once.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree that wheels are a must, Country Homesteader. Over the years my lightweight wheelbarrow has become one of my most important garden tools, and high quality gloves make a big difference too. In the cold of winter I favour Wells Lamont winter-lined HydraHyde gloves, and for the wet season (which for us can be six months!) I switch to rubber gloves. In the past I have used the kind of gloves that are used for washing dishes, but this year I will trial a more heavy duty option, kind of like what Walter used in Breaking Bad. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20231012_091828408.jpg
    IMG_20231012_091828408.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 57

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
winter-lined HydraHyde gloves
I don't know anything about that brand but I have been using insulated gloves in the garden a lot, this Summer. Cold weather or working with rose pruning, I use leather gloves with insulation - like in my avatar but heavier.

The insulation protects my hands -- cushions heavy loads and takes some of the beating that we experience with tools, both hand tools and power tools. Not just my skin but my joints appreciate this.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know anything about that brand but I have been using insulated gloves in the garden a lot, this Summer. Cold weather or working with rose pruning, I use leather gloves with insulation - like in my avatar but heavier.

The insulation protects my hands -- cushions heavy loads and takes some of the beating that we experience with tools, both hand tools and power tools. Not just my skin but my joints appreciate this.

when mowing i use some thicker cotton gloves just to absorb some of the vibration from the mower. it really helps.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Branching Out I have had a pair of Wells Lamont gloves in the past (the pair I had was Grey and Purple just like the pair that's pictured)
P0713600__08575.1673536872.jpg
. I think the next time I go to Tractor Supply (or Ace Hardware) I will see if they have any seeing how I had gotten the pair I had back in New York many many years ago. It took a while to break them in but when I did they were the best kind of work gloves I have ever had.

Latest posts