First Robins!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
VR?

Virtual Reality?

The Stellers are stellar ! Makes up for missing some of the other, colorful birds as residents. But everywhere, they are some unique .

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
went out to the yard with the dog Thursday evening &turned towards the coop to see a bunch of robins raiding the sumac berries. as they spooked & flew away i noticed 1 robin stuck in the excess netting i put over the coop run area. feathers everywhere on the snow so know he had been there for some time but no cat trying to torture it, thank goodness. had to cut it out but it it alive. i had my handmade bird cage quickly fixed & he's staying in there till i can be sure he'll be ok to release back to the yard. wing was drooping where he was tangled but looking better each day. been hopping around the cage & occasional chirp to see if friends are around.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
hairy. the kind you had been looking for a few years ago-staghorn sumac.

I have one growing ~ at the lower ranch ~ it comes back ~ it grows ~ but it doesn't flourish ~ I think because of the alkaline ~ I wonder if ~ sweetening the soil will do it ~ or must it be planted in a bed of new soil ~~~~ still it would be watered ~ from that well ```

Latest posts