Flowers at home.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSCF0443.JPG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always buy plants at nursery, but this year I picked up a pack of seeds and will try. I like them because after a long winter, they are one of first flowers that can take spring chill.
You save so much money by growing your own. Seed companies do not always tell you the trick you need for germination of certain seeds.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red Hooray! I am a successful green saboteur!:cool:
Linnae, You will never regret if these flowers will live in your house! :);)
I like that. . . a "green saboteur". I will use your phrase. Around here we usually say "I am an enabler".

An enabler will make excuses for a drug addict, get vodka for an alcoholic, or serve rich, unhealthy foods to someone on a diet. Here we encourage more plants and more seeds. Like you, an enabler will entice another gardener to get more plants and flowers. Green Saboteur! Yup! I really like that.

And you are correct. You are very successful.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my @Larisa those sunny blooms are just what I needed. Thank You for sharing them. I really wish I had a better place to grow flowering plants in the winter month. Happy to see yours.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are amazingly rose-like!
And the Viola pelargoniums are so similar to Violas! Very interesting how they can breed then to imitate other flower forms.

Here, pelargoniums are commonly called geraniums, and the familiar red or pink ones are grown everywhere. They are grown as annuals because they are frost tender. In the town just south of me the big lake resort plants thousands of the red ones on their grounds every year. It's their trademark.

But true geraniums are actually a different genus of frost hardy plants grown as perennials in temperate zones. They are known as Cranesbills or sometimes called wild geraniums.

One of those confusions caused by common names overlapping.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We pelargoniums - for house, geraniums- for street, too. Pelargoniums and geraniums - related plants. But here are some confused them too. Geraniums are very different, there are simple and double flowers. Also growing in the wild.
IMG_8265.JPG

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There are a lot of plants that grow in home in poorly-lit areas. It Philodendron, Syngonium...
IMG_1995.JPG
Sometimes it is Aeschinanthus, but it is better to put light for flowering.
IMG_0788.JPG
In some houses these plants are not very happy. There is a superstition that they expel the male out of the house! :D And I really know women who have thrown out the plants in the trash after a divorce. They think that the plant has created discomfort for men. They did not want to look for other causes. They hope that now their personal life will be better.

Latest posts