Food as gifts

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcrazy said:
My baskets went over great. I found some cute round labels to print off the internet, printed on thick bond paper, cut them out and used a glue stick to put them on the top with what was inside Added some homemade treats (Dollar Tree also has 2 gift basket bags for $1), just slip the baskets (Goodwill) in the bags, made a bow and done! They LOVED them.
Excellent! I love giving and getting homemade gifts.

My family is doing the Secret Santa so sis and I are making up baskets as well. So far we have, Chutney and Pepper Jelly. I'm going to bake mini loaf cakes - lemon and chocolate. I bought some inexpensive recipe cards from Michaels and will put recipies for the chutney and jelly. we also made some cute little christmas ornaments from clay - I pressed some rosemary and thyme sprigs into the clay - baked and added a wooden bead and hemp for the hanger. Oh, I'm also making some shortbread cookies with Violas as a garnish for the top. I also get a 10 lb. bag of cracked pecans every year from a vendor at work, so I'll be making chocolate covered pecans. I have a lot to do tomorrow. :p