For My Frozen Friends

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Count me in with the 'like the cold' club. Of course, that's Virginia cold :gig NOT Alaska cold. As long as I can keep my fingers and toes relatively warm, I'm good to go all day in the yard. Once my feet get cold (really cold, that weird sort of numb but hurting sort of cold toes) then I'm done till I warm up.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ha Ha Bay! That's pretty funny! Dang newbies, don't they know snow is only pretty on a post card??? I hate the cold. I'll take 100 over anything below 50 any day. I'm an outside person and during the winter there are only two things to do outside...shiver or shovel...neither of which I enjoy.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally put on a long sleeved shirt today. :coolsun But I still wore flip flops. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if I'd wear wool socks year-around in Texas . . . . Spent a month there in the '70's at this time of year but don't remember.

A long-sleeve shirt became standard some time ago for me here, Bay. Flannel one over broad-cloth (or whatever these others are), but I've gone to fleece the last couple of weeks. Vest & jacket.

Residents of the interior of the Wild West often have trouble with rain - we get wet.

Graupel on the back steps this morning.

Steve

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm the dreaded idiot driver the stories are about who can't drive on the stuff. one year I had my little ones in the car. I come down a small slope to the intersection - kept right on going into traffic & all the way across the road, twirled around a few times in the middle of the road before coming to a stop. I was so shook I couldn't drive. my foot was jerking like a jack hammer from fear & a guy had to drive my car to the curb. thank God, no one was hurt. I don't go out in the stuff if I can help it. if it's 1/4 inch deep - that's bad.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look, you don't need much snow to make for a different driving experience.

All it needs to be is so your tires don't touch the pavement. That's it. Now, what are you goin' to do?

Us folks who have to drive on the snow & ice are in a state of constant and total chaotic energy. Yeah, there is nothing material in our world except the other cars, and the immovable objects along the roadway. All dynamics - movement thru space.

Me? I float like a butterfly . . . all the way, to and from. Wouldn't hardly believe it to see me go by in the ol' Dodge but it's true!

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Test your driving skills on the highway on /off ramp or hill when there is black ice on the pavement on a dark early morning without hitting the cement guard rails or the nearest ditch or worse still another car. :ep

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm said:
Test your driving skills on the highway on /off ramp or hill when there is black ice on the pavement on a dark early morning without hitting the cement guard rails or the nearest ditch or worse still another car. :ep
Don't need to take the test, already know my driving skills with snow/ice are a failing grade F- :lol:

Went back to short sleeved T-shirt yesterday. :coolsun

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's supposed to snow tonight and rain tomorrow. :/ Son #2 has a new job as a fright stocker working graveyard, so I can begin the worry routine I had when #1 was working nights in the winter. I've also lost him as an employee in my business, but at least the season is nearly over anyway. Kind of like losing my right hand...

And rain tomorrow with a big day of fall cleanup to do solo.

You're all invited to my pity party. :rolleyes:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
It's supposed to snow tonight and rain tomorrow. :/ Son #2 has a new job as a fright stocker working graveyard, so I can begin the worry routine I had when #1 was working nights in the winter. I've also lost him as an employee in my business, but at least the season is nearly over anyway. Kind of like losing my right hand...

And rain tomorrow with a big day of fall cleanup to do solo.

You're all invited to my pity party. :rolleyes:
:hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit