For My Frozen Friends

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Son #2 has a new job as a fright stocker working graveyard, so I can begin the worry routine I had when #1 was working nights in the winter.
Fright stocker? Working at a graveyard? Oh, my imagination is running rampant! Probably due to Halloween still being on my mind.

Or perhaps he is a freight stocker working the graveyard shift. That wouldn't be as much fun, but certainly easier to share with friends and family when the topic of what son # 2 is doing comes up.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
thistlebloom said:
Son #2 has a new job as a fright stocker working graveyard, so I can begin the worry routine I had when #1 was working nights in the winter.
Fright stocker? Working at a graveyard? Oh, my imagination is running rampant! Probably due to Halloween still being on my mind.

Or perhaps he is a freight stocker working the graveyard shift. That wouldn't be as much fun, but certainly easier to share with friends and family when the topic of what son # 2 is doing comes up.
Ha! Yeah, I meant Fright Stalker..... or, wait, maybe that's not right either.....

ok, I guess I should pre read my posts before hitting submit. :p

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Holy COW, were the roads bad here this morning!! You know its bad when Montanans are all over the roads! I slid straight through a red light this am, luckily everyone had the good sense to watch for oncoming cars to STOP, which i wasnt doing...! Hubby saw a garbage truck sideways, and the demolished truck it clipped, and i heard about numerous other wrecks from coworkers. glad i'm not on call tomight, more snow coming down :(

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Count me in with those of us who need our heads examined & like the snow/cold. I really enjoy it. But then I like that we have 4 legitimate seasons here in Michigan.

I'm usually the one who takes all the nieces & nephews & my girls sledding when we get together at Christmas. All the other adults are glad I'm crazy enough to load them all up & wear them out. I bundle up with flannel & usually a layer of wool & Ill go all day. I like being out in it. But then I also like deer hunting late in the year with just a very light snow fall coming down. It's so quiet & still and utterly beautiful. I also like walking the woods for rabbit & grouse with a good dog after a fresh snow fall.

I've had some crazy driving experiences too especially in an F350 and even an F450 ambulances. They are beasts and with the dual rear and when one of those start to slide it can get ugly FAST!!

The only time I don't like the winter is when it's 2-3am winds blowing across the corn field picking up snow & ice crystals that sting your face as it howls. I'm inside of a car that has slid & caused an accident. The glass is blown out, the vehicle usually has at least a dusting of snow on it so the wreckage offers no asylum from the bite of the winter wind. And I'm inside the wreck trying to do some kind of fine dexterity maneuver like cut a seatbelt, or feel for a pulse and I've got nothing but a thin layer of latex over my hands to protect them. When that wind hits my hands I often have to bite my lip to keep from cursing because DANG IT THAT'S COLD!!!!

Otherwise though I really do like winter. I don't know how people down south put up with all the rain. I'd rather gave snow than months of rain.

My aunt lives near the Florida /Georgia line. My grandfather 1 year got tired of all the snow and said next year he's going to move down there. He decided that around 4th of July. Labor Day weekend he drove down. Halloween he's laughing at us in winter coats trick or treating. Well Thanksgiving rolled around and he said he's getting tired of the rain. By Christmas when he called he said if it didn't stop raining he was moving back to Michigan. A week after New Years Day he was back! :gig