Free Plants No Takers

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what grower those plants are from, but I do know that Bonnie Plants put plants in on consignment. If they die or don't sell, the merchant gets credit for them. That doesn't really give the staff much incentive to keep them watered.
When I was in that situation, though, I felt like a wilted plant reflected badly on me and my store, whether I was going to get full credit for it or not!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The coop usually has some nice plants,
It's a "co operative." @majorcatfish check that little red book. To the board meeting with a list of your wants and grievances!

Co-op? You know, I just might have shopped there back in the early '70's when it was an IGA. Never could make it to the downtown farmers' market when I was again a resident a decade later, always gone for those Saturdays and the weekend working ... ;)

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's a "co operative." @majorcatfish check that little red book. To the board meeting with a list of your wants and grievances!

Co-op? You know, I just might have shopped there back in the early '70's when it was an IGA. Never could make it to the downtown farmers' market when I was again a resident a decade later, always gone for those Saturdays and the weekend working ... ;)

Steve

Co-Op I guess. Every state I have lived in has one and each town usually. A lot of them sell Purina products. You will find hay, straw, chicken, horse, and rabbit food, fencing, lots of farming supplies and usually they have a gas station and sell gasoline, and like a lot of stores will have plants outside in the spring. They did sell seed potatoes.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve
comrade steve please contact your handler your use of red book is out dated we are using security book white bald headed Yankee now...
Остановить питьевой decaf кофе......:lol:
oh the dw loves the make down section at walmart for her flowers. she has the green thumb on bringing back dying flowers for penny's on the dollar :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh heck's fire!

I'd ask GWR if she's talking about Cenex but that's a big outfit with corporate shareholders.

No, I thought she meant a FOOD co-op. The grain elevator co-ops don't have retail items. But, I know of an Idaho food co-op ... ya know, GWR is a mystery to me ;).

Steve
now, properly caffeinated!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Start shopping at the places where the gardening center is a second thought and the staff doesn't know plants. ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR, the WM Close to my office don't know a dandelion from a daisy! They clearance geraniums that are only slightly wilted! We picked up bargains last Friday, and one lady paid about $40.00, more than half of the original price for a good >100 plants, many of them perennials.

Latest posts