French Black Copper Moran

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am voting both are hens. I am no expert, but interested in chickens and had a couple once, and worked on a chicken farm. Lol. I found a picture of an Easter Egger hen. At least the picture says it was a hen. View attachment 31498

Most definitely a hemale. :D

I think the jury is still out on that EE...their traits are VERY muddy, so it could be a very blokey lookin' pullet. Most of us are used to a dual purpose breed in our yards, so when we see a Mediterranean looking breed there, they always look like they are standing too tall, the tail looks too male, they look a little light in the breast, etc.

I wouldn't get disappointed just yet. :)

Here's an EE pullet with a slightly sickle looking tail and a bit of an upright stance as well, though she looks a little older and heavier in the breast than your white, Miss Mary...

EastEggP.JPEG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need some advise. I contacted the seller and sent him a picture. He doesn't think it's a rooster but has offered an exchange. He has 2 ameracuanas that are 4 months and 5 months. Mine is 4 months old.

He says roosters start crowing around 5 months. So my dilema is should I wait another month or so to confirm if it's a rooster? Or should I do the exchange now thinking the younger they are the easier it would be to integrate one into the group?

I really appreciate all of you and your help.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
If the seller exchanges then how is he sure the new one you get is a hen? If he can do that, then can't he tell you if your chicken is a hen or rooster?
He says roosters are thicker especially around the breast area. I think like Bee says, it's a little early to make the call especially in easter eggers that vary.

Mary

Latest posts