French Black Copper Moran

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary, It has been a while since we were talking about the pullet/cockerel question. How did things turn out?
Funny but I have come across the same issues with my black sex link, which looks like a big awesome rooster, and the EE that is a white w/grey, a red pea comb, skinny torpedo shaped body, that looks like a sea gull. A male seagull.
Questionable feathering, red combs, 15 weeks old. Sorry I don't have pics uploaded, but I was just curious about your chickens.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for asking @so lucky. The white easter egger started laying a blue egg about a month ago. She was the one that looked like a rooster and similar to yours.

Then about a week ago my Sapphire Gem Olive egger started laying a blue egg. She's supposed to lay an olive egg. It does look like the egg is changing color but you have to look closely.

My Black Australorp also started laying a week ago.

Yesterday I could have sworn I picked up the blue egg and the slightly olive egg in the morning. But in the afternoon I found a big blue egg. Must be a double yoker. I am afraid it might be my other EE. I did not want all blue eggs!

I also found a light brown egg on the dirt floor. since my Black Australorp is laying on the nest box, I'm thinking that it might be my Black Mottled Java. Her comb has been so red for weeks now. I will have to check closely and see if all 5 are laying which they may be.

Will keep you guys posted.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary, It has been a while since we were talking about the pullet/cockerel question. How did things turn out?
Funny but I have come across the same issues with my black sex link, which looks like a big awesome rooster, and the EE that is a white w/grey, a red pea comb, skinny torpedo shaped body, that looks like a sea gull. A male seagull.
Questionable feathering, red combs, 15 weeks old. Sorry I don't have pics uploaded, but I was just curious about your chickens.
Hope it's a hen. I was pretty sure mine was a rooster but she has started laying a blue egg. Her shape is just so different from EEs.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, when a person wants blue eggs, they can't get them, then when they want other colors....
I am glad they at least turned out to be girls. And that gives me hope for mine!

Latest posts