Function Over Form

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can do a hat, sometimes, keep out the sun but it is the bandana around my forehead that keeps the hair and the sweat out of my eyes. Often there is another bandana (drippy wet) around my neck to keep me cooler.

I am with Beekissed when it comes to shirts. It takes a long time to get a shirt into that "too comfortable to toss" state. I have one that I got in 198?-something that I love to wear -- as long as I remember to change before meeting the public.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just to make clear my hat is NOT fuscia, straw colored.
Just teasing, Nyboy. It was a question, not offered as a fact.

'Sides, as Ridgerunner says, if "the price was right" you needn't like the color. My straw colored hat with the widest brim stays on best when I add a bit of scarf. Fuchsia some days, blue or green on others. Otherwise, the wind seems to pick up the brim and carry the hat over the garden fence.

I'll show you mine if you show us yours.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My favorite hat ever was a straw lifeguard hat. I wore it until it disintegrated.
The older it got the cooler it became.
I don't wear hats though unless the sun is just merciless. I'm like Bee, they make me feel sweaty, although on a really hot day when the sun is grilling your head the relief of a hat is very noticeable.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aren't they both the same? That would definitely protect your neck, but it looks hot.

Mine is a cloth one and it needs more vents, but at least I can stuff it in my work bag, which I couldn't with the straw.
Kid#2 teases me about my "garden safari" look. :rolleyes::smack
But it does kinda look like a pith helmet.

Latest posts