Function Over Form

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It never seemed to me that red (bandana), blue (scarf), purple (shirt), and white/red/black (shorts) went together particularly well. I bow to your color judgement. If you both agree, I must be coordinated . . . .

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a bit of magic for ya'll. My hat post has moved below the comments about my hat post.

Here is one of my hat --
Hat alone.JPG

-- on a windy day with a blue scarf.
Hat garden tractor.JPG

I would like to say I took this photo of my chubby old neighbor on my new tractor, wearing my hat but, alas, Maverick is behind the camera. The result is why I am the primary camera carrier/user in the family.

Ya'll can't see my brown hair under the hat. No longer gray/silver/streaked head seen in the avatar. Red (sweat) bandana today.

I have no idea how that attachment wiggled into my earlier post, but it was unintended and totally inappropriate. I couldn't remove it so I deleted the whole post. This is the deleted post as I intended it to be.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL I went back to look at your shorts and could find photo !!!!!! On my screen the strips in your shorts are almost same color as your shirt !! PS your tractor looks orange !

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Obviously, I almost always leave the hat and more often the gloves at home. Hardly broken in. ;)
001 (2).JPG

002 (2).JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, @Nyboy, your screen needs some adjustment to the real world, but I'm just fine with my "coordinated" wardrobe. The tractor is yellow -- or more precisely -- mustard-y. Closer to yellow than orange.

@Carol Dee, I like the second hat...light, airy, and more my style, but I seldom to remember to put a hat on. Gloves? I buy them and they disappear before I think to put them on. When they do emerge they are dirty with holes in most of the fingers. DH always seems to have gloves to wear when he works. Coincidence? I think not.

I also have my two "Habitat for Humanity" WOMEN BUILD hats. The cloth baseball-cap style has a velcro closure that DH prefers, so he's more likely to put that one on. I get left with the "fisherman" style cloth hat with a three-inch brim. It's heavier and the back brim rubs on my neck so it sits around a lot.

Latest posts