Funky playful or Hideous ? There mine

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like it. You can always have someone weld whatever you might need to hang it. As antiques go, the price is not that bad. Good excuse for a road trip!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D Me too! :frow Gonna make some out of cattle panels and then later weave some wattle through to hide the metal, but they won't near be as attractive as those funky gates.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree...funny what is now expensive but back in my Granny's day they would think it was pretty common. They would be very surprised to see rusty iron gates going for so much moolah.

She had some quilts she had made back when times were really hard and just used scraps of this or that old clothing to form the top and the batting was old long underwear that was too stretched out and raggedy for use. After she died those quilts were auctioned off for hundreds of dollars...folks call those "primitives" now. I think she would have been shocked to have been sitting on such a gold mine all those years! :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Handmade quilts can go for thousands at a city auction. Next time you find old cheap gates at a salepick them up for resale

Will do! Wouldn't know the first thing about shipping such a thing or about putting it up on Ebay but I expect I could figure it out. I know where some old wrought iron fencing is right now, in fact....an old, tumble down graveyard from the early 1800s lies at the back of our land and has wrought iron fencing around it...or just scraps of it, really. I expect the rest of the fence is buried in the leaves and forest floor after falling down. I'll have to hike back there and have another look at it, see if there is anything worth toting out.

Latest posts