Funky playful or Hideous ? There mine

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary my mom loved yard sales, as a kid she couldn't pass one bye without stopping learned how to bargain from her. Till you find a place to use them I would lean against a wall or fence and use as a trellis for vines.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'd love to have some of the vintage wrought iron fencing & gates but i'd be afraid it would be stolen from the metal thieves in our area. we had a problem with that a few years ago in our area where that stuff was being stolen from family cemetery plots on personal property. so we have to be careful buying it to be sure it was legitimately being sold by the owners and not stolen.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my dh has an anvil & tools and we have a couple metal smith books around. just wish i had the space to put in a forge & shed to try my hand at doing some stuff.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
NY Times ran a story a few years ago about cemetery theft. People where going into old cemetery s and stealing the limestone statutes from graves, Then selling them as garden ornaments. It warned be very careful of any angels they where number one thing stolen. Short time after reading article I went to visit a friend who owned a antique mall, one of the dealers that rented space had of limestone lamb for sale. When I pointed it out, as mostly likely from a child's grave, he made the dealer remove it from the mall.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i came across something a couple years ago at a local antique shop an interesting item i had never seen before. a metal star that said G.A.R. on it. went home and researched it a little since i knew i had seen the GAR logo. it was a grave marker for veterans of the Civil War. the company i used to work for had the same initials on their building but i knew the building was also a former Masonic Lodge so i never thought the GAR on the building was civil war related.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nephew went down and picked up gates. Not sure how going to hang they are heavy about 300 pounds each. Must have been cut down from really big gates locks are on bottom.