Gah, mice chewed up my tree, can it be saved?? UPDATE, ROOT GROWTH!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tell you what, they sell very well at yard sales too. I rooted a bunch of cuttings off of my corkscrew willow one year and sold 40 of them at a $1 a piece. :weee

I wish all plants were that easy to root!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many in my 20 gal long, idk why it's sideways, I turned it but still posted the wrong way.

DSC_0762tree.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
My BIL girded one of my new pear trees with the weedeater last year. It even had little baby pears on it. Who in their right mind?.... :rant (I had a real hard time forgiving, lol.)
I understand the frustration of losing a pear tree. My neice SHOT one off one summer. They where out to target practice. And the poor tree was WAY to the right of the targets and she still hits it. :barnie ( Guess she REALLY needed practice!) scary, too.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
journey11 said:
My BIL girded one of my new pear trees with the weedeater last year. It even had little baby pears on it. Who in their right mind?.... :rant (I had a real hard time forgiving, lol.)
I understand the frustration of losing a pear tree. My neice SHOT one off one summer. They where out to target practice. And the poor tree was WAY to the right of the targets and she still hits it. :barnie ( Guess she REALLY needed practice!) scary, too.
Oh my, yes, take away her gun! LOL. Maybe with more practice.... :hide

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i lost one of my new apple trees to my dh towards the end of last summer. it was about 3/4" dia and growing nicely all summer and then i noticed one day passing by coming back from my coop that i didn't see it. :( he was attempting to take out some 'brush' trees that were growing behind it and thought it was part of them even though it still had it's bright tags still attached. so now i have to replace a red delicious apple since it was one of my main pollinators. :/ i wish i could find some scion wood for that variety so i could learn some grafting.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't find the post right now, but it was 2011 where fire blight (incurable) got my young pears trees that just started producing. Such a bummer. I ripped them out last spring and burned them as to try to stop the spread of infection. Turns out my neighbor's trees have it... yet he REFUSES to remove the trees. So I will never have pears again. :(

Its heart breaking to lose a tree, they are alive, and strong. One day, they will be rich with history and our kids will be telling stories of our trees and gardens. Breaks my heart to lose a tree (other then the bradford pears... those suck!)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sticking them in the aquarium is brilliant! :lol: Willows fortunately are fairly easy to root. They even have their own rooting hormone. My Daddy would go cut tips off willow branches, cut them into 1/2" peices and soak in water. He would then use that water as his rooting base for other plants he was trying to grow.

I hope your willows all take root and you can have a forest of willows!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice! Is that a planted tank? I saw the platys and the gourami is it an opaline or blue? I can never keep those straight. I asked if its a planted tank because I saw the green cryptocyne at the edge. Is that a green wendtii?

Latest posts