Garden Dreams

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, is that all stuff that you grew? Did you wash everything just for the picture? Those beet greens sure look beautiful as does everything else.

Mary
@ninnymary yes we grew all of those veggies,the beets were either canned or ate fresh. we always give the veggies a quick wash outside before bring them in, having a septic system dirt is one of the worst enemy's besides other things....

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of us have never had fresh corn from the garden, so have no idea how it tastes. :(

Mary

Awwwwww, Mary!!! Never??? :hit That's just the saddest thing....will corn not grow where you live? Not even 60 day corn? No farmers nearby that grow it? :( Now I'm wanting to send you a jar of my canned sweet corn...it's about as near as you can get to the real thing. We don't pressure can it, so it tastes just like it was cut off the cob~ fresh, crisp, sweet and golden.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beekissed, I don't know anybody that grows corn here in Alameda. I've always wanted to try it but there is just no room for it. The most that I could do is to try growing some in one of those nursery black tree containers on my deck. Don't know how well it would do. I thought that gem corn (don't remember what it's called) would be fun for the kid. Usually I buy my corn from the supermarket :hide bu I could check at the farmer's market. I've stopped going to them since I pretty much grow what we need.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
this is what we are longing for this spring ...... well i am sure we all are
View attachment 6454

Well that sure makes that salad I had for dinner even less appealing than it was already.
What a trailer of perfectness.:bow

Rhubarb and raspberries are my favorite early treats, but I don't think anything compares to that first long awaited big red tomato.

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The FIRST thing that I look forward to are fresh peas. I hate 'em cooked, but could stand out there all day popping them out of the pods and eating them. The next thing would be the tomatoes. All I had growing up were store bought ones. Who knew they actually had flavor???

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobbi-j , did your mom tend to cook veggies to death before they arrived at the table?

I may have learned to like pea soup as a result ... ;)

Shell peas in fried rice - the very last minute. Mmm

Steve

Latest posts