Garden fencing

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
canesisters said:
My first try at a veggi garden (years ago - lots of lovely weeds - no veggies to speak of....)
The fence is that picket looking stuff that comes in a roll from any hardware 'big box' store.
I don't remember what it cost but it couldn't have been much or I wouldn't have bought it .
Not sure if it will stop rabbits though... it just sits on top of the ground.
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/8721_garden_ready_to_plant.gif
This would a LOT easier, and I'm pretty sure the rabbits won't like it, especially it you can line the inside bottom with either fox urine or your own dog's mess. I ran eleven 8 inch diameter, 8 ft tall (5 ft above the ground) fencing when we first moved in (2000) to create an additional horse pasture. I used woven, coiled up fencing for that and attached it heavy duty fencing staples. It was REALLY a chore, and I wouldn't want to do it again.

Ethan

Leafing Out
Reaction score
You need to decide the style you require, the material, and many such factors that go into the choosing the kind of fencing for your garden. From the simple to the decorative, now its on you that how much you're serious with your garden beauty.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can add inch holed chicken wire along the bottom of the fence that you already have. You will need to bury it.
momofdrew said:
I've read that you have to bury your fencing to keep rabbits and other critters from digging under the fence...

my fence is just welded wire and metal garden stakes...we have cedar post to hold up the stockad type gates [we have 2] It is to keep dogs from romping on the veggies

Latest posts