Garden humor thread..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yup remember the old days catching the school bus, it could be dumping snow and off in the distance you know bus 17 made it up dollar hill, the sound of a broken cross link on the chains hitting the wheel well of the bus.. smack smack smack...nobody sat in those seats...got to say our driver "lee" was on time, if you were late oh well you missed the bus...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
download.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
it becomes overwhelming to the senses when a whole school of people have been eating them for weeks
The school board closed the schools because the kids smelled of onions?
:th
Now, that's funny!

Kids smell, sometimes - not so good ;).

DD had a good teacher in grade school who would often burn a candle in front of her desk. On visits, I was humored by that but didn't comment ... She is also a neighbor and I have always enjoyed driving by Ms Mueller's home and seeing what an interesting landscaping she has. Pretty place.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
yup remember the old days catching the school bus, it could be dumping snow and off in the distance you know bus 17 made it up dollar hill, the sound of a broken cross link on the chains hitting the wheel well of the bus.. smack smack smack...nobody sat in those seats...got to say our driver "lee" was on time, if you were late oh well you missed the bus...
I like Lee. I have stops on a busy road and if I have to wait more than 30 seconds traffic backs up 10 -12 or more cars! I try to not be early. Because then I would have to wait. So I am as punctual as weather allows. You better be there or RUNNING. ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee you gotta have the patience of a saint to do that job. i remember what i was like and i was a pretty well behaved kid most of the time... :)

most of my schooling was at nearby schools (mile and a half) we had to walk or hitch a ride no matter the weather. didn't matter to me. walking 5-10 miles a day was normal... claypit we used to swim and play in was a few miles away, up and down the railroad tracks, as many miles as i could go some days. around the block was 4 miles, etc.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee you gotta have the patience of a saint to do that job. i remember what i was like and i was a pretty well behaved kid most of the time... :)

most of my schooling was at nearby schools (mile and a half) we had to walk or hitch a ride no matter the weather. didn't matter to me. walking 5-10 miles a day was normal... claypit we used to swim and play in was a few miles away, up and down the railroad tracks, as many miles as i could go some days. around the block was 4 miles, etc.
I LOVE your childhood flowerbug ;) We lived in what was a small town then (5 square blocks) and walked everywhere. Our favorite sledding hill was on a farm outside of town, of course it was a long cold walk with boots full of water cause your sled broke through the ice on the creek at the bottom !!!

Latest posts