Garden humor thread..

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
That actually brings up a good question. Given how close we are to something along the lines of implantable cameras (i.e. a camera you can have implanted into you to record everything you see) and in general, of the kind of cameras it is feasible to have running continuously, how will that effect cryptozoology, paranormal studies and the like. Will there be a spike when what we see and what is recorded become the same thing (after all there are plenty of people who claim to get good LOOKS at bigfoot, UFO's etc. they just haven't gotten good recorded footage yet.)

That is a pretty terrifying thought.... I mean, there are A LOT of things I see everyday that I would NOT want anyone else to see.... There are things I've seen by accident that I would not want anyone else to see.... I have no doubt that there are things that other people see that I am so glad they didn't have a camera... People totally overshare now - I just can't imagine how bad it could be if every sight was recorded somewhere... :th

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
There have been times that I'd have liked to have a recorded copy of what someone really said instead of what they think they said, but I'm sure I'm on the wrong end of that too sometimes. That's just too much loss of privacy though. Does anyone on social media, this forum as much as facebook or any other media, really think they have any privacy even if it is encrypted? There is just too much hacking and data stealing for me to trust anything like that even if people try to keep it private. I'm not talking about people sharing, it goes much further than that. Just because technology "can" do something doesn't mean it "needs" to.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just because technology "can" do something doesn't mean it "needs" to.

Unfortunately, I am of the opinion that once it is worked out that something "can" be done, it's already too late to stop it from being done. The time of any sort of privacy, even of our own thoughts in our own heads, is long since over. Within a very short time, our ever thought, conscious and unconscious, will be publicly available to be reviewed, judged and punished. Thoughtcrime is going to be reality.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Given how close we are to something along the lines of implantable cameras (i.e. a camera you can have implanted into you to record everything you see)
You are talking about an implant.

Surreptitiously implanted? Like poisoning with a radioactive substance?

I think our cellphones are more likely to betray us ... or ... link us into a hive mentality.

;) Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
gardening-weed-weeding-thistle-pun-joker-tmcn3813_low.jpg

Latest posts