Garden humor thread..

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
5C94097C-F4B0-4E1B-A20E-96D9A09A904F.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somewhere on TEG I posted something about a stool that clearly had a "rated for up to 300 pounds." I stepped on it a couple times with my 200# and it broke. Quite dramatically but without any real human consequence, beyond instant anger.

Somewhere else, I complained about my wife's shampoo brand that was left on the edge of the tub. It was me who somehow bumped it while showering and it fell, what was it (?) maybe all of 14" to the bottom of tub. I returned the plastic bottle to where she had left it.

The next evening, I turned the shower on for a moment. Then stepped into the warm water. The entire contents of the shampoo bottle had drained slowly out and, with turning on the water, now covered the bottom of the tub!

That slip was scary ! Precautions should have been unnecessary. A bottle expected to be used in bathtubs cannot sustain a 14" tumble without breaking?! What kind of "nanny state" is this when, apparently, regulation requires court orders re: personal damage to enforce some measure of human safety? So often, that's all there is.

DigitS' Downer, Debbie's uncle

EYiQYweXsAAmKNO.jpeg

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somewhere on TEG I posted something about a stool that clearly had a "rated for up to 300 pounds." I stepped on it a couple times with my 200# and it broke. Quite dramatically but without any real human consequence, beyond instant anger.

Somewhere else, I complained about my wife's shampoo brand that was left on the edge of the tub. It was me who somehow bumped it while showering and it fell, what was it (?) maybe all of 14" to the bottom of tub. I returned the plastic bottle to where she had left it.

The next evening, I turned the shower on for a moment. Then stepped into the warm water. The entire contents of the shampoo bottle had drained slowly out and, with turning on the water, now covered the bottom of the tub!

That slip was scary ! Precautions should have been unnecessary. A bottle expected to be used in bathtubs cannot sustain a 14" tumble without breaking?! What kind of "nanny state" is this when, apparently, regulation requires court orders re: personal damage to enforce some measure of human safety? So often, that's all there is.

DigitS' Downer, Debbie's uncle

View attachment 35597

oops...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's cute that the two of you have different "likes." ;)

One sad, One ha ha :D

Yeah, I survived completely unhurt but both times I was surprised how angry I was! Of course, I felt a little silly about that but for some of us "Every step of life shows much caution is required." ~ Goethe

😆 Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's cute that the two of you have different "likes." ;)

One sad, One ha ha :D

Yeah, I survived completely unhurt but both times I was surprised how angry I was! Of course, I felt a little silly about that but for some of us "Every step of life shows much caution is required." ~ Goethe

😆 Steve
So my wife like to say things like "My head barely missed the driveway concrete when I fell off the ladder in the yard". It makes me tense for those first moments arriving home at the end of the day.

Latest posts