Garden humor thread..

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
otherwise, i'm the same way, shell each pod by hand, one at a time, look at the pretty beans hoping this pod is from Santa and then if some were different enough i put those off to the side in little containers for replanting consideration. i think that actually may be why i have a fair number of crosses because i'm very much aware of what is normal and what isn't for a variety so when i see beans that are a bit bigger or a slightly different shape they tend to end up off to the side and eventually have a much higher chance of being replanted if they are anything at all closer to what my goals might be for that variety.
Not humorous... but when I gardened in San Diego, I found a cross? mutation? in the "King of the Garden" pole lima. Rather than being wide & greenish, these limas were a shorter, thicker, white crowder... very fat, with squared ends.:ep Those seeds grew true, and I grew them for several years, until I moved back to Wisconsin. I kept some seeds in a jar, but by the time I found a place to garden, the seeds had died in storage. I've never found another lima remotely similar... oh, how I wish I could bring those back. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not humorous... but when I gardened in San Diego, I found a cross? mutation? in the "King of the Garden" pole lima. Rather than being wide & greenish, these limas were a shorter, thicker, white crowder... very fat, with squared ends.:ep Those seeds grew true, and I grew them for several years, until I moved back to Wisconsin. I kept some seeds in a jar, but by the time I found a place to garden, the seeds had died in storage. I've never found another lima remotely similar... oh, how I wish I could bring those back. :(

i normally get some strange lima beans in the Fordhooks, i can save them and send them to you if they happen again (i may even have some in storage). they are bush lima beans.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Beefy beans, beefy beans, beefy beans"... thanks a lot for the ear worm (lol). o_O

out of a sense of self-preservation i often watch all videos with the sound off or at a very low level. i just do not like noise of many kinds so it is better for me to exercise a lot of caution. now, of course, where some music is expected and i know it might be something i like i'll have the volume up a bit more.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
260266782_4954953404538867_4242763553459143652_n.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Years ago, I was walking into when a coworker broke into laughter. Turns out I was whistling 'I Feel Pretty' (from 'West Side Story'). Still not sure what she found so funny about that.
Reminds me of when one of the late night TV people informed the public that his theme music was called "Glitter and be Gay" (from Candide)

Latest posts