Garden humor thread..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
self.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh please let it be a "Stuffing" of taxidermists.

usage: There was a stuffing of taxidermists in the bar after the convention.
I'm sure you have seen the meme picture of two crows with the words "attempted murder."

Actually I have wondered why a group of crows is a murder, but a group of ravens is only and unkindness. Ravens are bigger than crows. Then again, they also have a somewhat better reputation (what with Odin's Hugin and Munin, Morrigan in Celtic mythology (though she covers both ravens AND crows, and presumably rooks as well*) and the Tower Ravens). So that may be it.

*Since they are technically corvids as well, there might be an interesting story element in the Morrigan coming to America, and discovering she can control blue jays as well, actually all jays.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure you have seen the meme picture of two crows with the words "attempted murder."

Actually I have wondered why a group of crows is a murder, but a group of ravens is only and unkindness. Ravens are bigger than crows. Then again, they also have a somewhat better reputation (what with Odin's Hugin and Munin, Morrigan in Celtic mythology (though she covers both ravens AND crows, and presumably rooks as well*) and the Tower Ravens). So that may be it.

*Since they are technically corvids as well, there might be an interesting story element in the Morrigan coming to America, and discovering she can control blue jays as well, actually all jays.

if you've not explored the books by this author i think you'll enjoy them...

his book _Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymr_ is ...

and now i see he has a new one out i need to read... :) happy time when i can read something new he's done - i don't care what it is usually it is something that might break my brain in interesting ways and i love his writing ever since i first read _Little, Big_

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I said often in my childhood "I am me" (for some reason everyone else thought this was really deep.)
There is a scene in the old M*A*S*H* TV show where the commanding officer is trying to verify that a local man is who he claims to be . He asks for some kind of ID and the man points to himself and says "I am me!" with a big smile.
That scene goes through my head anytime someone asks for my ID. :D

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read the top part, looking at the pretty colorful stones, then read the bottom. I busted out laughing-didn’t see that one coming!

someone who is into geology/specimens would have conniptions at the thought of throwing those at anyone. there's big $ in finding prime specimens like those...

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
if you've not explored the books by this author i think you'll enjoy them...

his book _Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymr_ is ...

and now i see he has a new one out i need to read... :) happy time when i can read something new he's done - i don't care what it is usually it is something that might break my brain in interesting ways and i love his writing ever since i first read _Little, Big_
I think I have heard of "Little, Big". I'm fairly sure the changeling in that book made it into Barlowe's Guide To Fantasy, which I had a copy of (as opposed to Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials, which I know I had at least three copies of( the paperback one I was given for camp as a kid, the First Edition one I found at The Strand (famous NYC used book store) and the hardcover of the paperback I got sometime around college) Unlike that book, I did NOT read every book listed there (only maybe half of them). But it was through that book I found out about Mort, which led me to the rest of Discworld, so it was instrumental.

Latest posts