Garden on the forest edge.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
At my city lot garden I have 2 elderberry bushes, 4 strawberry hills, and 16 blueberry bushes.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
U.S.A. So many gardeners think, "fruit tree", and decide they don't have enough room for fruit. There are so many options for small fruits in a small garden.

I've always thought the opposite. My grand and great grandparents had all the cane fruits, strawberries, gooseberries, elderberrys etc. that you could imagine. My parents also grew cane fruits and grapes. People on small lots especially grow a lot of small fruits to fit their space. But that's just my experience.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We, people in tiny city lots, love growing small fruits. They don't take up too much space. We also plant semi-dwarf trees to get the most out of our space. :)

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
On a small city yard my grandparents had 2 dwarf sweet cheery, 2 standard and 1semi dwarf apple,2 pear, 1 fig 1 mulberry trees. One Mothers day her daughters chip in a bought my grandmother a magnolia tree. Her and grandfather had big fight over it. He could not see having a tree just for flowers. That magnolia lived about 50 years, climbing that tree as a kid was forbidden.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
New seedlings more, and places less for it. What an injustice! Therefore, I sow flowers in the economy rolls.
I cut into strips garbage bags, put them on the toilet paper and sprayed with a spray. Then put the seeds, another layer of toilet paper, and spray. Then I wrap in rolls and put in a glass. At the bottom of the I pour a little water.
When the seedlings grow up, then I'll plant out separately.
IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0039.JPG IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0041.JPG
Here 30 asters.
IMG_0043.JPG

Latest posts