Garden Photos, Everyone Post Some

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those gardens look great, Hotpepper! Sorry about the poison ivy. Yikes, I guess I won't complain too much about my weeds!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
HotPepperGueen you have a very large garden and it looks great. The gourd and sunflower tangle look a good deal like 1/2 my garden and I can not blame the poisen ivy. (Which I am highly allergic too.) Good luck getting rid of it. And your onions look great, not sad.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm hoping to get out there later tonight to get some of the big weeds out of there- it's finally cooling off. I need to get my tomato plants under control in there as well, some of the branches didn't want to stay inside my homemade cages. Wire cages never work for me so I always make my own around the plant, but this year I have freakishly big plants really early. I might need to make some additions on the coated wire to get those branches up!

Carol- I got the seeds a couple days ago. Thanks so much! They look wonderful. I like the card you made as well, very cute :)

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you! I went out last night and tried weeding my gourds. Well half the weeds were so bound together I could not pull them or dig them out. So I basically just manually weed whipped them :lol: After I was done I showered and used disinfecting soap on my arms to try to get the poison ivy oils off. Then I rubbed alcohol on them. I still woke up with a rash on my right arm. It's not bad....yet

farmettehopeful

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This is my tiny garden...with it being my first year, I only did a few plants and I am amazed at how much I have learned from this site as well as through experience...I didn't expect the cherry tomato plants to be so big! I have 2 zuke plants that are behind the tomato plants and they are huge too! Oh well, live and learn :D
9071_garden2.jpg

The peas are dying now so I have been cutting them out little by little. I planted bush beans but ended up with a few pole beans too! I also have some of those planted by the chicken run since I wanted more beans and didn't have "garden" space! The carrots were a flop but the lettuce did okay, I now have a better understanding of when, where, and how to plant everything!
9071_buckets.jpg

The cucumber container is apparently a flop also and the cucumber beetles have been enjoying it and the zukes the most...I just can't kill them fast enough I guess :( The bucket on the right is melon babies which are actually growing but who knows if they will survive (hopes are not getting high for them!)
9071_sunflowers.jpg

And lastly, a pic my 4 year old wanted to take to see if he was bigger than the sunflowers while on daddys shoulders :)
9071_zukes.jpg

The zukes crazy leaves...fortunately the zucchini are growing nicely in there!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This has been a great year for tomatoes! I took these shots this morning before I left for work.
Here is a volunteer beefsteak turning. It should be eaten tomorrow.

6488_july_9_2012_gardening_photos_001.jpg

Here is an heirloom volunteer. Not sure which kind yet, but it could be a Crimson Pink, or a Black Crim.

6488_july_9_2012_gardening_photos_004.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Farmette, everything looks wonderful! Very successful for a first time, I would say. Your sunflowers are tall indeed- even the cutie on Dad's shoulders isn't taller! Duck's I am jealous of that red tomato- I have a few tiny green ones!