Garden Photos, Everyone Post Some

farmettehopeful

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you Lesa and Cat! We have other sunflowers planted randomly around the yard (first time with those too!) and I planted at different times so our lil man used to go around and see if he was taller than each of them. We still have a few that he is taller than :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
Thank you! I went out last night and tried weeding my gourds. Well half the weeds were so bound together I could not pull them or dig them out. So I basically just manually weed whipped them :lol: After I was done I showered and used disinfecting soap on my arms to try to get the poison ivy oils off. Then I rubbed alcohol on them. I still woke up with a rash on my right arm. It's not bad....yet
Make a weak clorox/water solution and put on the poison ivy rash. Let it air dry. The clorox will dry it right up. Next time you get in poison ivy, wash in clorox water and you won't even break out in the rash!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening with children is so great. My daughter and fam are moving out after 2 years and into their first owned home. Aidan, 4 and gavin 1 dug "treasure" today to bring to the new house tomorrow. (potatoes) The 4 year old dug with grandma's help and the 21 month old picked them up to put in a basket. Aidan talked about what he would plant at his new house. What joy. They know no other life. The boys planted the potatoes with me in spring. Aidan noted that his baby brothers were crooked and too close together. Hope this joy stays with them for life. If not it gives me such joy right now.
farmettehopeful said:
Thank you Lesa and Cat! We have other sunflowers planted randomly around the yard (first time with those too!) and I planted at different times so our lil man used to go around and see if he was taller than each of them. We still have a few that he is taller than :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cathy, I think the joy does stay with them. It may be dormant for awhile though. I remember gardening with my grandmother but didn't do it until I was around 40! They may not remember the details but they will remember having a loving grandma.

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Regrading my big beefsteak, it was recently ATTACKED by this stupid rabbit that I tried to shoot on July 4th. He got even with me by taking a couple of bites of it, and the ants attacked it before it was fully ripe. :barnie
I brought it in and cleaned it before storing it in the fridge this morning. My dog, Rose is snoozing on the job!!!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
desertlady said:
This is my 'after' picture
8871_100_2287.jpg
8871_100_2305.jpg
8871_100_2288.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Desertlady, looking at that landscape I would say it is a miracle you can grow anything!! Love the sunflowers- and the "silly dog farm" sign! Happy Gardening! ( I guess I better stop complaining about no rain!)

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is some from a couple weeks ago...but everytime I take a picture, all i can see is wha ISN'T filled in LOL

IMG_2234.jpg

the penstemon is blooming...

IMG_2237.jpg

the tomatoes are a little unruly but I cleaned them up today

IMG_2194.jpg

the meaties are growing like weeds ...heheh

IMG_2241.jpg

it wouldn't be a garden without sunflowers!