Garden Whipping! - Updated: pg21

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Catalina said:
Now I still need to get more rocks, fill in more dirt around the pond and plant some flowers around the pond.
I am so jealous! I can't wait to see it all done. Hubby will not let me get a pond because he thinks it's too expensive (I recently lost my job, so yes, he's right about that right now) and the dogs will get in it (yes, he's right about that, too. They can scale decorative fences with ease). Darn it! :barnie

When I get back into the whole career thing and have a steady pay check, I think I am going to work on a pond corner for my yard - fenced-in with a dog-proof fence, of course! :woot

Until then, I shall live vicariously. Post lots of updates, please! :drool

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow Catalina, That is going to be soo beautiful when you have it setup. :clap Notice I didn't say finished. ;) Just as Hattie said we gardners are never finished, always something to add, move or create :watering :tools :weee Never, never done :weight

I am just so happy to see your beautiful photos, You have done some very nice planning and a lot of hard work :thumbsup Thank you for sharing :hugs

:happy_flower Karan :D

ranchhand

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
And as should be, a cat to supervise! And choose the fish :rolleyes: !

The garden is gorgeous, what a fabulous job you've done! :rainbow-sun

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
KEEP GOING! It's coming great! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap:clap

You are certainly putting in a lot of hard work & it's exciting to watch your progress. Congratulations! :bouquet :weight :bouquet

Can't wait to see it all planted up! GO GIRL!!! :weee

:rose Hattie :rose

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I didn't get a lot done to my garden this week-end, I was working on everyone elses garden! :gig

On Sat. I went, with my parents, to help my grandma with her garden. She lives 2 hours away from us and we hauled a trailer load of horse manure/compost and 3 raised beds to her house, set them up and planted them with tomatos, peppers and broccoli.

It was a fun day! She made raisin/cranberry pie - Yum!

Today I planted tomatos, peppers and eggplant in MY garden and then went to help my parents with THEIR garden. We planted some tomatos, but now the temp. has dropped again and it's freezing outside. Brrrrrr. Good thing we have lots of tomato plants - we can replace them if they get frosted tonight.

Some pics from Sat.

3541253152_e76bb508c3.jpg

Grandma and Mom

3540444817_2bb4def2f8.jpg

New raised beds

New privacy screen - my Grandma really likes this!
3541256326_6968e082c4.jpg

Before

3541254086_b8fb8e9d5e.jpg

After

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Pics from my garden this morning -

3540445743_19e2d003b1.jpg

Lettuce, onions, (future home of cucumber)

3540446047_dc1b35d49b.jpg

Radishes

3541254996_a43fe8f509.jpg

Look how BIG they are now!

3540446679_31a4ba419a.jpg

3540446985_8e3941d4b1.jpg

Pansies, snapdragons, petunias, morning glory, and sweet peas

3540447293_b7b07ae977.jpg

Woo hoo! My potatoes finally sprouted!

More tulip pics

3541256630_039381ce54.jpg

3540448205_0bcac907ea.jpg

3541257242_bbca5843cf.jpg

3540448793_db1441d4af.jpg

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That's Wonderful Catalina, :clap :clap It's so nice to see that you are in a way paying your parents and Grandparents back. I am sure that they helped inspire your love of gardening. :love I have been supplying my folks with plants for their gardening. I also make sure they have plenty of fresh eggs too :ya You did a great job of the privacy screen makes nicer for her to sit outside I bet. Your tulips are soo pretty. :love And your garden looks as if it is going along GREAT :ya

Thanks for sharing the pics

:happy_flower Karan :D

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congratulations Catalina, you get my bouquet of the week! :bouquet

So great to be able to help your grandma & parents out with compost, raised beds & plants -- pleasure for everyone. It is so important that we all do our best for everyone we can. Every little thing HELPS A LITTLE and makes some ones life a bit brighter. Passing on a beautiful plant or some vegetables can be a beacon in the darkness. :rainbow-sun

I love those photos of your tulips, mine are over now but my roses are coming out & of course my clematis. So much colour after our bleak winter.

Happy Gardening :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is sooooooooooooooooooo sweet of you to help your family out!!! I tried to help my mom, but she's stubborn and hasn't gotten everything together I asked her to yet.

It looks like you are going to have one of the most awesome gardens here this year for sure though. ;)

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow, you are a great daughter and grand daughter. I helped my family a little also for Mother's Day I gave a potted bush cucumber plant to my mom, grandma, and grandma in law (my mother in law already has a garden). It is so nice to be able to help others. I wish I had more skills and time to be able to help more.

BTW I can't see the pictures at work for some reason. I will view them later on tonight.

ETA about mother in law

:rainbow-sun