Gardening Intervention

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Rick! :)

I should warn you, this is a one step program, and you never get out.. :weee
It looks like some serious gardening going on there!
Welcome to the group!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Hi, my name is Rick and I'm addicted to gardening". And the crowd responds, "Hi, Rick".

Sorry, Rick. This is NOT the place to go for a garden intervention unless you want advice on bigger and better garden ideas. The fact that you are here tells me you are not looking for a 12-step program anyway.

My wife and I have been gardening for years but only recently have been getting serious about our garden and each year we get a little more self sufficient with the garden and now the addition of a small flock of chickens.

That is good to hear. The family that sows together grows together! Garden addictions are always best handled when you have a happy enabler to urge you on. Congrats on the chickens! They are great for so many reasons. Any plans for more?... rabbits, goats, ducks, etc?

I guess we can call our little house a ranch now and although it's a lot of work.....we love it. :love

You did say ranch so I'm guessing you are west of the Big Muddy? Just a bit about your growing zone is helpful to offering suggestions. I prefer to call my place a farmstead. There are rules about homesteads, farms, ranches, etc. but nobody knows what the heck a farmstead is.

Any how, WELCOME! You're gonna love this place. Don't be a stranger here (and let us meet your better half sometime).

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Gardening is a wonderful addiction to have... tell us more!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
All I can say is take nothing serious here. Some great advice but some are real mean. They show you their gardens when you are under snow and LAUGH about it. Some work very hard and are diligent and have beautiful gardens and then post pictures. Making us dirt stompers jealous. Rough crowd.

Enjoy.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Rick! You have met some of our colorful characters, I see!
Sometimes this forum is the only thing that keeps me sane.
I hope you have fun here. We all learn from each other, and are great cheerleaders for each other, as well.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
All I can say is take nothing serious here. Some great advice but some are real mean. They show you their gardens when you are under snow and LAUGH about it. Some work very hard and are diligent and have beautiful gardens and then post pictures. Making us dirt stompers jealous. Rough crowd.

Enjoy.
Seed? You don't like the photos? I love the photos!

Latest posts