Gardening Intervention

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
"Hi, my name is Rick and I'm addicted to gardening". And the crowd responds, "Hi, Rick". My wife and I have been gardening for years but only recently have been getting serious about our garden and each year we get a little more self sufficient with the garden and now the addition of a small flock of chickens. I guess we can call our little house a ranch now and although it's a lot of work.....we love it. :love

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_welcome3.gif

Hello!! Welcome to the garden.
Can't wait to hear about your garden/ranch. Like many of the folks here, I'm slowly working on being more self sufficient too

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to the forum! :weee Glad you joined us! :frow

Sounds like you'll fit right in. You garden, have a sense of humor, and like most of us that can you have chickens. Now if we can just get you started on compost!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Hi Rick.

We are glad you are here!

Give us an idea of where you are in your growing season or how far short of it. It's subzero here this morning with a double digitS' below for wind chill. A few more weeks before I can even start a pepper.

I hope you have fun in your garden this year and welcome to TEG.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi!! So glad to have you join the party!! :weeeWe are a lot of happy people here, except for one grump that hates Southerners! :lol: Just because he's snowbound 18 months out of the year........ :gighe grumps at us Southerners that can plant while he is still 103 feet deep in snow!! :plbb OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.........but not much!! haha

Welcome to TEG and as you can see we have a lot of fun here, sharing our gardening wisdom or lack thereof. :celebrateCan't wait to see pictures of your garden.

As for the grump.......shhhh.......don't tell nobody but his name might be Seedcorn........southeast Texas is having another winter weirdo weather day-it's sleeting and snowing! AGAIN!! :barniebut it is predicted to get to 39* today, so it should melt and GO AWAY!! :clap

A big Texas HOWDY!! and WELCOME!! :thumbsup

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome hosspak, love that avatar! You've came to the right place. Here you'll find great people, great gardening ideas and inspiration. We can't wait to learn more about you and your garden. Please post pictures when you can.

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi, welcome from MT! See Digits posts for my current temps as well...haha.

I agree with Mary - cute avatar! I'm gonna guess that is not you. ;)

Latest posts