Gardening magazine?

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol: I know and you are right Reinbeau. I wondered if anyone was going to point that out. :lol:

Happy Weekend Gardening!

Tink

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already suggested...I didn't read through the whole thread, but I like Hobby Farm Home. It has all kinds of great articles. From recipes to animals to gardening to living green. It only comes out 4 times a year. You can find it at Tractor Supply or online at Hobbyfarm.com....i think
Tink

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
:lol: I know and you are right Reinbeau. I wondered if anyone was going to point that out. :lol:

Happy Weekend Gardening!
Sometimes I have a firm grasp of the obvious, DrakeMaiden! :lol:

Back to magazines, another great gardening magazine for gardeners who love to read about gardeners' lives and times is GreenPrints, A Weeder's Digest. I just love that magazine, the stories are wonderful, the writings thought provoking, sometimes it brings tears to my eyes - if anyone here reads it, the Magic Zinnias was my all time favorite.

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This may sound crazy - but I find that the Johnny's catalog is one of the best resources out there for veggies, annuals and perennials. I save mine and use it all season. They manage to present an astounding amount of cultural information in a very succint mannner for hundreds of varities of plants.

It's also free :), although they'll send you only one or two unless you order from them.

I use mine so much that I need to tape it together to keep it from falling apart!

~Phyllis

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SewingDiva, absolutely, the Johnny's catalog is an amazing tool. I always have it near me when I'm actually planting the seeds, I usually forget why I ordered this and that, and referring to the catalog always reminds me. Great info!

mirime

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Mother Earth News still has some good, interesting articles about gardening. Countryside magazine has a feature article each issue about gardening, types of vegetables or fruits to garden, and different methods of gardening, canning, drying or freezing.
These are my two fav mags, and the only ones I have subscriptions to!

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been suggested, but Tennessee has a gardening magazine that is specific to the state. Yours probably does too. Try googling State-By-State Gardening. It has features about veggie and flower gardening, region by region and plants suited for your zone(s).

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
mirime said:
Beekissed said:
Mother Earth News still has some good, interesting articles about gardening. Countryside magazine has a feature article each issue about gardening, types of vegetables or fruits to garden, and different methods of gardening, canning, drying or freezing.
These are my two fav mags, and the only ones I have subscriptions to!
ME TOO!!! :D I get such good ideas from CS! I can't wait for each subscription to come!! Now, MEN has went downhill since the 70s and 80s but it still has some good articles when you can wade through the advertisements. I still have a whole stack of the older issues, from the years I mentioned, that I cherish and peruse on occasion!

mirime

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
yep, I remember the old Mother Earth - but I guess that they felt they had to change a bit with the times!

Latest posts