Getting Around on TEG

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please, please, please! Walk me through -- or watch me crawl through -- whatever it takes to get this computer a tad faster than granny-on-a-walker at the running of the bulls.

Remember, if it makes a difference, that this computer illiterate dinosaur is working with a MAC.

I am a PC user, but I will try to get that information for you! Are you using Safari? And what version, if you know?

The thing I saw that was really slowing my browser down is the 3rd party cookies that websites leave when you visit to shop (like Amazon), then everywhere else you go, you see ads for the item you just looked at. I don't like that kind of invasive tracking. :tongue Sometimes it is just a setting in your browser that needs fixed, to tell it not to allow those cookies. An ad blocker (whatever brand they use for MACs) will help stop all of those ads that load when you go to a page. Not sure on Safari, but on Firefox, I would see a small dialog running in the lower left-hand corner, telling me that ads were loading and contacting other webpages. When that data is being exchanged, it slows the loading of data from the webpage you want to see, making it load slower. The words (in the corner) might run by more quickly than you can read it, but it is an indication that something more is going on in the background.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just get a big cup of coffee - weigh in the first rush of trucks - sit down and click, one at a time, through everything under the 'recent posts' tab till there isn't anything BOLD anymore.
(Then I move on to BYC and another cup of coffee)

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
We haven't talked about this lately, not since those days of confusion about 12 months ago.

The Easy Garden has all this Nifty-ness. I feel very lucky that @Nifty brought us along to this forum :). We probably all have our techniques for keeping up with things happening. Here's mine:

Hover the cursor over "Members" in the Green bar at the top of the page. When the Drop-down menu shows up, click Recent Activity.

Steve
who also watches for those Alerts

I love this!!! Great thread and idea Steve!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Nifty knows but do You know how to find your pictures on TEG gallery?

It's easy peasy but it took me ever so long to find it again ... somehow it was more obvious on the old forum ... I tell you, it's easy peasy!

Your Screen Name up there in the green bar at the top of every TEG page ... click that. You will see a list. "My Attachments," click that.

There ya go. Twelve months of attachments.

By the bye, if you want a photo you posted from earlier, ya just have to search for the post. Here's one I offered for your review Aug 5 , 2010:
4989_bunco.jpg

Don't ask me where that photo IS in cyberspace! Nifty knows! I don't .

:) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That picture shows just about where I used to live, Mary.

I was kinda lost in the woods during those days.

:)

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't gone back to look at my old pics. I didn't realize it only kept a year either. A lot of times, I'll upload things to my Photobucket account and just pull them from there.

Latest posts