Getting Around on TEG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see a fair amount of difference in TEG between the tablet and the pc.

I don't have a right way, just one I've grown familiar with.

The absence of difference between the words "new" and "recent" still builds up a little resistance in me. Makes me reluctant to click either ;). I just need to begin exploring both as tools.

Remember, I ain't got the right way. There's some things I like about Members - Recent activity. I can read a little of the post. This sometimes leads me to think I know the gist of it ... and, I'm sometimes wrong about that.

Another thing I like is that I know when you have stepped away from the computer. And, why.

o_O Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another thing I like is that I know when you have stepped away from the computer. And, why.

o_O Steve

Huh? How do you know that?

I always click "new" because those are posts I haven't read yet, and "recent" are the , uh, recent posts that I may or may not have read.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm .

.. kidding!

"Activities" are confined to TEG forum. It doesn't look over your shoulder on a personal message or tell us what you are reading. Just when you like or post something.

Oh wait ..... "New" means "new to me?" Ah, ha! I hope I've finally gotten this - you explained to me 10 or 12 months ago, Thistle'!

Steve

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The box of links over there below TEG Pic Of the Week on the main page (or our avatar on other pages):

Do you use that? Recent, Active, New, Popular ... I thought Recent and New over there ➡ were the same as the Recent and New up there ⤴.

They must not be. Clicking "New," W_R's recipe for cornbread is over there ➡ but not up there ⤴for me.

I'd read the recipe and responses. Even started typing about how I used to bake cornbread and biscuits in my stovetop oven because I was inadept at using the oven of a wood cookstove. Work Arounds -- sorta what we are talking about here ...

and, you thought for a second I might be hijacking my own thread :)!

Steve

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The recent on the right side column only shows the most recent 5 posts. Mine takes awhile to update over there, there are always more "new"er ones when I click on the top "new".

Hey Mary, did I say that okay?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, can we get a Mary edit ..?!

it's down there just to the right of the page numbers and the "next"

Yes but you see -- it isn't.

That's a difference between my pc and the tablet. Maybe, it's the difference between the firefox browser and silk browser. Let me try it with chrome ... nope, not on chrome, either ... odd, in the bar at the top of the page, there's no "New Posts" on chrome, only "Recent Posts" .. :confused:

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've noticed (just since Red pointed out the "go to first unread button" )
that when I've read all the posts on that thread, and go back, that the button isn't there anymore.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The box of links over there below TEG Pic Of the Week on the main page (or our avatar on other pages):

Do you use that? Recent, Active, New, Popular ... I thought Recent and New over there ➡ were the same as the Recent and New up there ⤴.

They must not be. Clicking "New," W_R's recipe for cornbread is over there ➡ but not up there ⤴for me.

I'd read the recipe and responses. Even started typing about how I used to bake cornbread and biscuits in my stovetop oven because I was inadept at using the oven of a wood cookstove. Work Arounds -- sorta what we are talking about here ...

and, you thought for a second I might be hijacking my own thread :)!

Steve

Yeah, I've never really found that box on the right very useful. I assume it is just a quick browse for folks who are new to the site.

Latest posts