Gift For Someone Who Cooks

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next Sat is a friends 70th birthday. They are very hard to get a gift for, they collect nothing, have no hobbies and very fussy about clothes. There one enjoyment is they like to cook. I would like to keep it at $50 or below. My kitchen is more like a bar, oven never used so I am clueless. What gadget would someone who enjoys cooking like ?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A gift certificate to eat out, or invite them to go with you. Don't cook for them yourself. :duc Or take them to see a movie. If they haven't seen it the Tarzan movie is better than I expected and might bring back good memories.

At 70, if they don't have a gadget they don't need it and probably don't want it.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy Do you have a store near you that sells flavored balsamic vinegar and olive oils, similar to the ones we have here on the Island. Check out 'Olive This and More' http://www.olivethisandmore.ca/ this is our local one and 'Olive the Senses' http://www.olivethesenses.com/ is down island from us. I'm sure you have these type of outlets near you.
I prefer one of the lighter tasting Olive Oils more so than the flavored ones but some of the flavored Balsamic vinegar are to die for, Raspberry, Strawberry, and Mission Fig are a few of our favorites, they also sell spices and condiments and other goodies. I often have gift baskets made up for friends at Christmas. Everyone we've given this to has thoroughly enjoyed them. In fact they're now hooked on them :).
Brussel Sprouts, tossed with a bit of Maple balsamic and O.O. or melted butter, yum.

I forgot to add you can actually go and taste before you buy.

Annette

Last edited:

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The Mission fig is DH's and DS#2's favorite too, must be a guy thing. It's a tossup between this and the Raspberry for me. Our DS#2 is a chef, he gave me a gift basket several Christmases ago and needless to say I'm now hooked :).
Annette

Latest posts