Going back to College??????????

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well since I am among the ranks of the unemployed:(, I'm not sure how they can get away with that since I'm under Dr's care right now. I'm sad that it happened but I'm ok with it.
I've been considering finishing my degree in Business Administration:barnie. I have an appointment tomorrow to talk with a councelor at a local community college. :flI just hope I can do this, I've been out of school for quite a while now. :th:hide
My classes will be mainly online:)
I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well since I am among the ranks of the unemployed:(, I'm not sure how they can get away with that since I'm under Dr's care right now. I'm sad that it happened but I'm ok with it.
I've been considering finishing my degree in Business Administration:barnie. I have an appointment tomorrow to talk with a councelor at a local community college. :flI just hope I can do this, I've been out of school for quite a while now. :th:hide
My classes will be mainly online:)
I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out.
Going back to school might seem daunting after having been away from it for a while. Wait until you see how smart you are compared to young students.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I went back for a Teaching certificate which took me an additional post graduate100 hours (and gave me an equivalent of 8 years of college.) I took 2 classes/semester and 1 class in the summer. Online is the best BUT, BUT, BUT, your deadlines are written in stone, if you want straight "A's", very achievable with the lazy 20-somethings that my DD's know. You have to log in before the first day of class in order to get credit.
The nice thing is that you choose when you want to do the classwork and can take the class in your jim-jams. Often there are 2-3 scheduled forums (or whatever they call online discussions where you log in and the instructor throws questions at the class.) Don't miss any of those. They are worth points. Btw, I only received one "B" and that was in a brick and morter class for special education. No kidding, one test question has 3 negatives in the wording. Ironic that an education class didn't want to educate us, just trip us up. I was taking 18 hours my penultimate semester and just couldn't give that crappy class any more time.
Go for it!! :hugs

Latest posts