Going to be gardening this week...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know you think I am crazy...but I will gardening in a few days!!! In my own garden there are several feet of snow, however, my daughter moved to Florida! Off I go, to plant banana trees, hibiscus and anything else I can get my hands on! She doesn't have much of a yard, but there is a long path to the front door, which is bordered by gardens on both sides. There are a few existing palms, but not much else. There is a beautiful garden center a minute away, so I am ready! Going to bring my ipad, so I can take a few before and after pics. I am way too excited about this!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have Fun, LESA!

I wouldn't have a clue what I was up to! Wouldn't know what I was up or down to ... Florida has a big cooperative extension program. I'd be looking for answers!

I once moved about 80 miles away - didn't know how to do more than kill plants ...

My first trip to Florida was only for a very brief stay - had to go north to Connecticut to experience a "normal" Christmas o_O. Waited for another time to explore the state. Where ya goin'?

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boy does that sound like fun. I visit my daughter every May and go to a big daylily festival. I buy a lot of plants and leave a few tiny fans for her to plant. There grow large and bloom quickly in Florida.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that sounds so fun, and so needed right now! Hope you come back ready to meet your own spring weather soon. (And hope it is there to greet you!) Yes, keep us posted.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have done a bit of research, Steve- pretty much looks like anything goes! The town she lives in, is called Palm Beach Gardens- and she lives on Jardin Way. Do you see a theme?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa good for you !! That area is so hot real estate wise. Half of Westchester is buying winter homes there. Direct flight from Westchester airport to palm beach. The value of her home will only increase.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, that is good to know about the daylilies. Don't know if I would have thought to plant any. I will add those to the list! So lucky, as luck would have it, the day we leave it will be above freezing and stay that way the whole week! So, some of the awful snow should be gone! Nyboy, she bought her place in December- and other townhouses just like it, are already selling for more than she paid! Hope there is something cheap enough for me- when I am ready to make the move! She is about 10 minutes from that airport!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spent a week right next door.

It was a very comfortable place to be. Jack Nicklaus was right next door. The first thing I saw on leaving the house each morning was his boat, the Golden Bear.

Try to make it a restful visit, too.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay Lesa! You will finally have warmth, sunshine, and be able to wear shorts and a t-shirt! Sounds like a wonderful vacation, you get to see your daughter and garden at the same time. What could be better than that? Unless there are grandkids. ;)

Mary

Latest posts