Going to be gardening this week...

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great that you had good weather and a fun time anyway @lesa ! I'm sure your daughter enjoyed the help and your gardening encouragement.

Now we will see if she can keep them alive.

:D You sound like me ... my daughter is wonderful at so many things, but has found a way to kill hostas. :eek:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh rats Lesa! Here I was, picturing you in shorts and flip flops, on your knees planting flowers all over Florida! I'm sure your daughter had fun picking out plants with you, and if nothing else she will know where to go to replace them before your next trip down. ;)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hostas can die ?

Well that's exactly what I said! I let her off the hook the first time. She was living in TX and I know it gets hot... she forgot to water them. Second time was in Wisconsin, she blamed the chickens. Okay, maybe, but I have never managed to kill a hosta. We planted a bunch more and she plans to keep the chickens away, so we shall see.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I was very surprised about the palm roots. I thought they were surface rooted, and tipped over easily... The top of the ground was absolutely covered with strong hair like roots. I figured if I got rid of those, I would be okay. But, under that web of roots, the bigger roots started. All in all, it was pretty much like digging in concrete! The little walkway is somewhat shaded, so I have a bit of hope for the pots. We'll see! I was happy to see a couple of feet of snow off my garden at home, when we got back. That was good news!

Latest posts