Got my vacuum sealer from Amazon today

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The UPS man brought it a couple of hours ago. Some of the rabbits I processed are in ziplocks in the freezer and the rest are still in the refrigerator. I'll get them all sealed up and maybe I can get way from that durned freezer burn.
I checked the reviews on home sealers and the one that got the best was the Food Saver V3240 so that's the one I bought. Love to have one of the commercial models but who can afford them for home use?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a FoodSaver last year and I love it!! No more ice crystals in frozen veggies or the blueberries I spent hours and hours picking! You will love yours too!!!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Hoodie that's the same one I bought last Thursday. We've never had one before and, like you, I don't like freezer burn on the rabbit meat. Also I butchered a pig on Saturday and spent most of the evening vacuum sealing pork. I sure hope it works like they say it does.

Can anyone out there recommend a cheap place to get the bags and the rolls?

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll be waiting for the reviews here. :caf The DW has been wanting one of these for awhile.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might want to look at this thread. Some of us gave tips on using them, mainly for vegetables but there is a bit on meat. I think you'll like yours.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28869

I get the rolls of bags and cut to size. That's cheaper than using the premade bags. When you start, cut one to length and try it out. I tended to make them too short at first, trying to be cheap. I wound up with some bags too short to use.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm told Costco has the best price on them. I don't remember seeing them in there but I wasn't looking for them at the time.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My parent's foodsaver lasted them 9 years of abuse. I just purchased my own (I believe it is the same model as yours) and I am in love. It works so well and none of my chickens from last April are freezer burnt at all. My in-laws butcher hundereds of rabbits a year and use a foodsaver and love it. I think you made a prime purchase! Oh- and I get my bags in bulk from Sam's Club.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'll be watching...:pop I've been vacillating over one for quite a while now...to buy or not to buy. I've heard some negatives, but I suspect that the folks who say they're not worth the $$ are the ones who really don't need the product or aren't quite using them correctly. I hope to have some rabbits and chickens to process over the summer, and am thinking it would be a good investment. I do want to get the vacuum attachment for canning jars, too...that seems like it would be handy.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
I'll be waiting for the reviews here. :caf The DW has been wanting one of these for awhile.
Go ahead and spring for it. She will love it and you will be a hero. :love You will even use it to package up all that fish your avatar shows you catching. ;)

Latest posts