Got my vacuum sealer from Amazon today

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, the anniverary is coming up on the 28th. It's hard to buy for a woman who isn't really into bling.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Monty get one. My wife got me ours for Father's day. Same model as Hoodat's & we love it. Use it all the time. From venison, to fish, to fruit and veggies, we use it A LOT. And as someone else pointed out get the rolls to make your own bags. You'll waste less doing it that way.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Well, the anniverary is coming up on the 28th. It's hard to buy for a woman who isn't really into bling.
What's so hard about that? Shouldn't it be easier? I'm not blingy so my husband gets me tools for gifts. I do love my tools! :love
That's the only kind of shopping he likes, so it's kind of win-win.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol:
MontyJ said:
For my last birthday and Mother's Day (they are close together) I asked DH for 2 rain guages. I'm not blingy either.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hear, hear...give me a tool of some sort over something sparkly any day! :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have to say this vacuum sealer is doing everything I expected of it. It pulls the bag down nice and tight so no air is in there to cause freezer burn.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and took the leap this morning. I got her the 3230 which appears to be about the same as the 3240 and 3250 as far as features go. I couldn't find anything that made them any different :/ Maybe vacuum force? Anyway, she is checking it out now. Don't know that it made me a hero, but she seems to like it :)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are a bunch of us on here that use them. If you have any specific problems or confusion, just ask. I'm sure there is someone on here that's experiencd it solved it.

The biggest tip I can give is to watch those liquids. That vacuum will suck any liquids out and if there is moisture where it's sealing, it won't seal. If there is any question about it sealing, seal that end again without using the vacuum, just dry it first. The way I normally get around moisture is to freeze the stuff in the bag then seal it. Just wipe off any ice that may be at that end before you try to seal it.

Latest posts