Got pictures of the mystery weed (o:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone was asking JUST this very question the other day - but I can't find the post now.

I usually park under a tree at this old abandoned house for lunch. The house is owned by the landfill I work for but has, sadly, been allowed to simply fall down over the years.
Anyway, while I was there today I noticed several 2-3' tall 'shoots' of wisteria just off from the driveway. I backed up the truck to get a better look at them and was ENGULFED in a lovely, spicy, herb-ish scent. I had run into a large patch of purple something. I grabbed my phone and took some picts of it hoping that yall could identify it for me. I would love to move some of it home - but not if it's some nasty 'take over the world' little weed that I'll be fighting for the next 10 years.
While I was out walking around, I found some pretty little purple flowers and what looks like the same plant with white flowers - got picts of them. Also snapped a pict of the overgrown iris bed and some ferns that I want to snag.

Well... I get back to the scalehouse and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the pictures off this thing. It looks like it will let me text them to another phone... but that's no help.

Any ideas??

eta: title change

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This might be what you're looking for Cane. This is from 4/15 ' Gardening with animals" forum.

Do you have a wire that runs between your phone and your computer, BJ?

For the longest time, I didn't think the maker of the phone had given me a wire. I had the wire to charge the phone battery. That was it. I looked under every piece of paper in the box - more than once.

Well, one day I noticed something "funny" about the plug on my recharge wire! I could pull the wire out of the plug! There I was, with the wire in one hand and the discombobulated plug in the other. I had discovered that my phone had a wire for connecting it to the computer.

smile Steve smile

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:) Steve :)

I also have a Photobucket account that allows me to email photo's in, Cane'. I'm pretty sure that I could do that with some other online galleries like Snapfish. I know I can do it to twitter but then -- it goes out for the world to see before I can blur out a face with "edit" !!!

Secondly, or fourthly, I can email things to my emailbox. Once I download it from there, I can save it to the picture folder in the computer.

Oh there's so many ways to cause trouble . . . you may not have seen my candid camera shot of the idiot standing under a broken tree limb I posted on here once. Cameras, I suppose they should come with some sort of warning about how not to get into trouble with your neighbors :p.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you get this figure out. I have the same problem! Plus I would love to see the pics.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes Thistle that's it exactly! :D

Steve, I have the wire to connect from phone to computer. But I can't seem to access the phone from the computer - you know, like when I plug in the camera, a box pops up asking if I'd like to open the folder and see the pictures. The camera is SOO much more polite than this phone!

Digits, it won't let me 'email' anything either. I can enter a phone number to send a picture to another phone but I can't enter letters or symbols like an email address. Well.... it's actually a 'tester unit'. We're switching from Nextel to AT&T and they sent 2 for us to play with and see if we have good coverage. Its supposed to have all the regular 'bells & whistles' but maybe somethings not working quite right.

Carol, I'll take the ACTUAL camera Monday - when I take the pitch fork and some buckets... But I won't dig up any of that lovely, smelly 'weed' till yall figure out what it is. It's spread over a HUGE area. If it's something that's controlable with mowing, I have an oak that has nothing but rocks and bare, packed dirt under it.. would be a perfect place for an aggressive groundcover (but not TOO aggressive)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are probably much better phone experts here.

My phone isn't smart anyway, so there is no help there!

On your qwerty keyboard, you don't have an @ symbol? I wonder if AT&T has a gallery. Verizon does and I think I cannot use it to forward to an emailbox but, I might be surprised.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did it! I did it!

Now, what the h*ll did I do?

Oh. I used the Verizon online gallery to send an image message to my mailbox.

Then, I downloaded that to my PC.

Then, I uploaded that to Photobucket.

Then . . . . here it is:

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I take my wifes to the photo bank at Walmart and they help me there. I've put pictures on CDs and even learned we had a micro SD card in there that holds the pictures. They make what looks like a thumb drive that the micro SD card fits into and that connects to the computer. Then I can open pictures from there on my computer.

Or I'd go to the cell phone store and ask them there if yours has that option.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
. . . They make what looks like a thumb drive that the micro SD card fits into and that connects to the computer. . .
Really!?

Taking out screwdriver now!

digitS'

Latest posts