Got pictures of the mystery weed (o:

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cane, if i had to guess, without any pictures, what weed you ran over, i would say mint. It would have a 4 sided stem, spread like crazy, and have a wonderful pungent smell. Dig some and keep it in a pot.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know, there ought to be a law that new gizmos like telephones and cameras and computers must be tested first by both rednecks and neanderthals before being allowed on the market.

There would be a big huge sudden improvement with the way gizmos perform immediately!

Who really cares if it weighs 1.3 ounces instead of 4 ounces? Whew, if i had a telephone that only weighed 1.3 ounces I'd have to add some lead weights to it. Just to know I had something in my hand.

Why does a camera have to be so small?

sheesh i want one with some oomph.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
jrwas0.jpg

There are remarkably innovative people wherever we look. They often show us an amazing variety of ways to do things. I remember reading how one way that technology advances is by imaginative people misunderstanding the purpose of something. They then try to make it work in the manner they think it should. Remarkably, sometimes they are on a right course from the get-go. What are you going to do with people like that?

Options! Take the use of your alternative keyboard. You've got options. Just hold down that "Alt" button and press a few numbers and then lift your finger from "Alt" to see. Having some problem with the qwerty keyboard, or your digitS': there are one-handed keyboards that don't say "qwerty" on the top left. I wonder if there is a sign language keyboard . . . hmmm

Anywho! Here is Wikihow: http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Photos-from-a-Cell-Phone

Don't you like how they put the title of the page right in the URL?

:) digitS'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I looked at my phone ( just a regular dumb one ) and on the side it has the little flip covers for headphones and recharging, and one on the other side that says "micro___" , something indistinguishable without a microscope. I opened it but there wasn't a card in the slot. I suppose I could buy one for it though.

Steve, that picture of the inventive guy on the bike makes me a little cringy :hide they don't show him 5 minutes later tipped over and covered in road rash. I have tipped shopping carts over by riding them back to the cart corral and I can tell you they don't steer very good!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
These people never rest! There are always options,

just around the corner, or

near the back door on the utility room floor:

2e1c2s5.jpg

digitS'

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok. Best pictures I could get. :/

Here is that plant that has a VERY strong, herb-ish odor. Anyone recognize it?

8721_dscf1290.jpg

8721_dscf1288.jpg

8721_dscf1289.jpg

Also these 2. The leaves look like a tiny little daffodil. They're only about 8" high. As far as I could tell, these are the only 2 in the area.

8721_dscf1291.jpg

8721_dscf1292.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
to me, that "herby" smelling one looks like a ground ivy that is terribly invasive. It will grow upright about a foot, then fall over and send out roots and tentacles. It will take over your yard or flowerbeds. The smell is kind of offensive. The other flower pics look like hyacinths that are old, kinda worn out bulbs. They thin and get rangy as several-year-old bulbs, with only a few blossoms on the stalk.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, so far I've got:

1 vote for 'yes, probably safe to take some home'
1 vote for 'NOOOOOO!!! It's a nasty alien beast'

(para-phrasing, of course)

I think that I'll take the 2 little hyacinths (?), the iris', the ferns and the daffodils home later this week. Not sure yet if I want to go for some wisteria or not. That's a little more like bringing home a wild animal. You have to watch it, train it.....

Latest posts