Grandparent bragging

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute cartoon. Yes there is a Radio Flyer in the garage. The problem here is that it is so darn flat here that there are few slopes for self-propulsion, it takes two. If you are not next to a levee you are screwed. There is a limited age range where it is useful for kids. It doesn't get used nearly as much as it should. It's not the one I grew up with in East Tennessee, it's the one my kids had.

Growing up in East Tennessee finding a good slope to ride it down wasn't a problem for me or my siblings. Some of the slopes we took were a problem for my parents but they never took the wagon away.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Growing up in East Tennessee finding a good slope to ride it down wasn't a problem
Ridge' , what was your relationship with scooters?

I missed that. Scooters were old-style. No one that I knew had one. Now they are back!

Skateboards. Missed that, too. By the time they came out, I was trying to be a grown-up! Although I would not try it now, I was lucky to have skates :). Bicycles. I had a 15 speed in college. If there had been a 20 speed, I'd have had that, too!

Still a kid, Steve
should have a scooter ...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Skateboards or scooters without pavement? I don't think that would have worked very well, I did grow up a few miles from not much in the ridges of Appalachia. I had no experience with either. I'm guessing you are talking about non-motorized scooters. Not sure how well the motorized ones would work on gravel roads. Of course those were mainly dirt roads until election time, then the county road superintendent would spread some gravel on them to show how well he took care of us. If he thought you might vote for him you might even get some gravel on your driveway once every four years.

In college I also had a 15-speed bike instead of a car from junior year on. I lived off campus thanks to the GI Bill and working 20 to 24 hour a week in the school cafeteria. That bike was fun on rainy days or when the roads were iced over. I managed to graduate from college without owing anybody anything and without taking any money from my parents after my freshman year. Of course the first thing I did after graduating was to go into debt for a car, a Ford pinto with the exploding gas tanks.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Babysitting 5 hours today. Tried out a walker. Still too small, but she had fun sitting in it. DS and I bought her another one and still in the box at her house. This one somebody gave us. DD going to get the other one out and see if she fits in it better.
036 SMILE.jpg
044 MIRROR.jpg

Latest posts