Grandparent bragging

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you! She does look like her mother. The red in the hair is getting darker. I don't think her hair will be as dark as her mother's, more like DS or me, I think. Here is a better picture of her. View attachment 30724
I must say...it is a good thing we women get too old for having babies. One good sniff of sweet baby head is all it would take. At a restaurant the other night. All the ladies around me , including myself kept stealing looks at the tiny one near by.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I must say...it is a good thing we women get too old for having babies. One good sniff of sweet baby head is all it would take. At a restaurant the other night. All the ladies around me , including myself kept stealing looks at the tiny one near by.
I KNOW~ At a church function Saturday night I kept nabbing babies for snuggles. :) So sad the grandsons are getting to be BIG boys.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I KNOW~ At a church function Saturday night I kept nabbing babies for snuggles. :) So sad the grandsons are getting to be BIG boys.

hug 'em anyways. :) it's good for them even if they won't admit it.

the other night we were watching some tv (for me pretty rare) and Mom wanted part of the couch (it isn't very big) so she came over and laid down for a while. so i got to tickle her toes for the first time in a few days and we giggled about "this little piggie".

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We baby sat for our two youngest grandkids last evening. A nearly 4 year old and a 8 month old. The little one is so good natured and calm, but the older one is loud, hyper and demanding. Penny gets very anxious when they are here, and steals their stuff, chewing it up if she can.
We always let out a big sigh of relief when they leave. Glad to see them come, glad to see them go, lol!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We baby sat for our two youngest grandkids last evening. A nearly 4 year old and a 8 month old. The little one is so good natured and calm, but the older one is loud, hyper and demanding. Penny gets very anxious when they are here, and steals their stuff, chewing it up if she can.
We always let out a big sigh of relief when they leave. Glad to see them come, glad to see them go, lol!

I had the baby yesterday for 4 hours and when she leaves I am like trying to put myself back together and the house. lol Going shopping with DD and her is something else too. lol

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have our 3 for the weekend. Toys are everywhere. We feed them whatever they want, I don't care if it is gummy bears and a bowl of cereal. The two littles, 2 and 4, love our big garden bathtub and play in it happily. Our 80 pound puppy loves them and follows them, hoping for dropped raisins and other food items.

My daughter texted me this morning and said she slept 12 hours last night. I know why she is so tired, I slept 4 hours. LOL LOL

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We took our 8 year old Grandson, Gavin to the Home show in Boston yesterday. He is sweet and quietly friendly. He is an artist so I knew there would be lots of cool things for him to admire. It didn't hurt that there was a bowl of candy at most vendors. We made friends with a garden sculpture artist who gave him a crystal that he was admiring.The man hand an 8 year old son, also an artist, so he could relate to Gavin. He asked to see photos of his artwork and he would send us free tickets for the upcoming flower show. Gavin started drawing at the restaurant that we took him to. He spent the night with us and woke up to make more drawings and paper jewelry to send to the man we met. At night I tell him funny pet stories and little Mommy stories. I hope someday he will tell his kids favorite Grandma stories.

Latest posts