Grandparent bragging

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have our 3 for the weekend. Toys are everywhere. We feed them whatever they want, I don't care if it is gummy bears and a bowl of cereal. The two littles, 2 and 4, love our big garden bathtub and play in it happily. Our 80 pound puppy loves them and follows them, hoping for dropped raisins and other food items.

My daughter texted me this morning and said she slept 12 hours last night. I know why she is so tired, I slept 4 hours. LOL LOL
Sounds like a slice of heaven.. You can nap when they leave and your daughter's revitalization might last her weeks!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We took our 8 year old Grandson, Gavin to the Home show in Boston yesterday. He is sweet and quietly friendly. He is an artist so I knew there would be lots of cool things for him to admire. It didn't hurt that there was a bowl of candy at most vendors. We made friends with a garden sculpture artist who gave him a crystal that he was admiring.The man hand an 8 year old son, also an artist, so he could relate to Gavin. He asked to see photos of his artwork and he would send us free tickets for the upcoming flower show. Gavin started drawing at the restaurant that we took him to. He spent the night with us and woke up to make more drawings and paper jewelry to send to the man we met. At night I tell him funny pet stories and little Mommy stories. I hope someday he will tell his kids favorite Grandma stories.
:loveOh Cat That makes me so happy. What a wonderful time for you and Gavin.:hugs

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
:loveOh Cat That makes me so happy. What a wonderful time for you and Gavin.:hugs
He is just the sweetest. Someone asked him he had a girlfriend and he said yes. My eyes almost bugged out of my head. But girls have always liked him because he is so sweet. In kindergarten girls would put notes in his backpack and his mom would find him. She would ask who the girls were and he often did into know.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We took our 8 year old Grandson, Gavin to the Home show in Boston yesterday. He is sweet and quietly friendly. He is an artist so I knew there would be lots of cool things for him to admire. It didn't hurt that there was a bowl of candy at most vendors. We made friends with a garden sculpture artist who gave him a crystal that he was admiring.The man hand an 8 year old son, also an artist, so he could relate to Gavin. He asked to see photos of his artwork and he would send us free tickets for the upcoming flower show. Gavin started drawing at the restaurant that we took him to. He spent the night with us and woke up to make more drawings and paper jewelry to send to the man we met. At night I tell him funny pet stories and little Mommy stories. I hope someday he will tell his kids favorite Grandma stories.

This made me smile. What a wonderful time.
I'm certain he will have many favorite grandma stories treasured up to tell.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thomas 1st Birthday party
AF7B2F5F-2CCF-4733-AEE7-6ED34201B3D7.jpeg
406F0B2F-2EB7-460E-8BCA-4CE2E6474B41.jpeg
22B443C3-709E-429F-B895-B4E0E6096A2C.jpeg
B721353E-10C3-443A-90FC-9A16CE1EDB3B.jpeg

He loved his party at the bounce house and his cake. Hard to believe he is already 1 yr old.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love his expression in the big chair!
That's what my husband looks like on his birthdays, he would like to put the brakes on the whole 'another year older' gig. :lol:

I need a t-shirt like that!

Latest posts