Graywater Kitchen Sink

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
OaklandCityFarmer, it's good to see you again. It's been a long while. What have you been doing? How is your orchard out by the inland?

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I little warning about greywater. I do not know the details. My SIL lives in a gold community in Florida. They used greywater for the golf course and it all had to be ripped out an redone.

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning @catjac1975 I'm sure that had something to do with chemicals being involved.

@ninnymary Hey Mary I'm good. It's been busy with work mostly and have had very little time to "come online". We're in a slow period (with elections being another year away) so I decided to come back. The orchard is great! For the most part. We are some issues with scales on the citrus right now but working at it. We were FINALLY able to get the cherry trees to set fruit this year (year 8) and the apples provided amazing yields last year. Pears are the next fruit we're focusing on since last year. Planted a bunch of varieties and grafted a few more. We're going to see what sticks and then use those varieties.

How are things with you?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have citrus miner leaf on my dwarf meyer lemon. I've been meaning to spray neem oil on it but haven't gotten around to it. I'm trying a commercial grade fabric on my peppers, strawberries, and tomatoes. I'm not sure if my tomatoes really needed it but it seems to be working for my strawberries. I don't have roly poly bugs eating them.

Mary

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely for most systems I could see why @catjac1975 most would just use tub and shower. That's the whole reason of installing the bypass valve so that if any chemicals or stuff I just don't want in the garden needs to go to the sewer I have that option.

Latest posts