Great News !!!!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary They are branded as Pick N Pull in the SF Bay area. I used to go to one near the Santa Clara fairgrounds. I love rummaging around there. Actually I love rummaging around any dump - at the transfer station here, I'm always eyeballing something to bring home. I've brought home a gate, some planters and pots, a hanging basket, a hanging basket triangle thingie, and more.

Cane: I could NEVER work at a dump or thrift store. I'd turn into a real hoarder for sure!

Oh LOOKIE over there!.......................

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ONLY thing keeping me from piling up my truck every day is the threat of "Immediate Termination" for scavenging and the cameras EVERYWHERE.

that's so sad. so much could be reused or recycled ot turned into mulch/worm food...

there will be a time in the future where they do get mined for materials. just not yet.

i really enjoyed digging for old bottles when i was up north with a friend.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane you can not take things home ?

Once it crosses the scales it's 'trash' and I can be fired on the spot.
However... if someone knows that I'm looking for something (like fencing material) and it happens to fall off of their truck as they come up the ramp to the scale then I'm just a good employee when I pick it up...
;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
that's so sad. so much could be reused or recycled ot turned into mulch/worm food...

there will be a time in the future where they do get mined for materials. just not yet.

i really enjoyed digging for old bottles when i was up north with a friend.

You have no idea... at least a couple times a week someone gets evicted somewhere in the county and trailer after trailer comes across full of perfectly good furniture, clothes, food, toys (TOYS!! Who DOES that to another person!!!). It's so sad - and such a waste.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have no idea... at least a couple times a week someone gets evicted somewhere in the county and trailer after trailer comes across full of perfectly good furniture, clothes, food, toys (TOYS!! Who DOES that to another person!!!). It's so sad - and such a waste.

many areas if you know of such things happening you can have Goodwill come and do cleanouts for you or even Habitat for Humanity, etc. just keep calling or post it for free on craigslist. i've had great luck getting rid of things once i put the magic word "FREE" on them. we set things on the curb here and they are often gone within a few hours.

i can't imagine throwing things away like that and you would think that the people hauling such stuff away would find a storage room or have places where they could sell it or auction it off. even if only for a few $ it still would likely make some good income if the items weren't super stinky or infested.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my grandmother died she was living in a one bedroom apartment in my parents house. My parents spent thousands of dollars renovating whole apartment. It looked so good the real estate agent they listed apartment with wanted for herself.She signed a lease gave depot and moved in. That was the last money my parents got. 6 months later not a penny more was paid in rent. My parents relayed on rent money to pay high cost of multifamily house in city. The taxes on my parents home are almost $20,000 a year. After 6 months the woman lost her job and disappeared leaving everything she owned in apartment. It took my parents almost another 6months to go though legal eviction, cost them thousands of dollars in lawyer and court cost. Added on to years worth of rent lost. My parent where not allowed in their own apartment till the shiefs deportment moved all of tenets stuff to curb for garbage pick up. All of the money lost my parents could have lost there home because of someone who decide she rather do drugs then go to work.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
many areas if you know of such things happening you can have Goodwill come and do cleanouts for you or even Habitat for Humanity, etc. just keep calling or post it for free on craigslist. i've had great luck getting rid of things once i put the magic word "FREE" on them. we set things on the curb here and they are often gone within a few hours.

i can't imagine throwing things away like that and you would think that the people hauling such stuff away would find a storage room or have places where they could sell it or auction it off. even if only for a few $ it still would likely make some good income if the items weren't super stinky or infested.
No you can not if not done though court system legally you can be charged with thief. I am talking about if evicted. Someone moving out and leaving behind junk another matter

Latest posts