Great News !!!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, that sounds like a story my dad keeps bringing up from his & my mom's teenage years. story about him & mom going to the drive-in with my uncle's 57 Chevy. when driving out they forgot the speaker attached to the car & it came off & broke the side widow. in process of trying to get a replacement window out of the local junkyard my dad ended up breaking 2 more windows from the donor cars. back in his day you scavenged them yourselves.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO A JUNKYARD . There is still a driven in in Lagrange, dont think there are to many left anymore.
My husband has been talking about going to one in Sacramento. That's about 1.5 hours away. Not too far and I would check CL first before I went just to see if there are any "bargains" out there that I may need. Ok, want.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my problem is that i want to bring it all home even if i don't have an immediate use for it i can still imagine i may want to use it sometime in the future...

my brother is getting things from his warehouse and i can find an eventual use for almost all of it, but i just don't have any place to store it here. a few pallets of old tile grout mix, huge rolls of rubber flooring, chunks o this and that. i've already hauled out a truckload of old marble ledge and floor pieces, some broken, but all good for an edge someplace/sometime, and a pallet of cinder blocks and pieces of, and boxes and boxes of remnant wall tiles and floor tile and quarry tile and...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK... what are yall talking about??? Around here, a junk yard is a field FULL of junk/wrecked cars and people pay to go in an pull off spare parts.

th

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hu
I've been to the local one a time or two.. can't say that I EVER WANTED to go....
Hot, bugs, snakes, every square foot seemed to be trying to cut, scratch or bite you

Latest posts