Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My late Dutch Honeysuckle...
DSCN0786.JPG

Last edited:

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I agree with Bay, very pretty honeysuckle! We have the wild, yellow/white honeysuckle here. DH is always trying to get rid of it. I also have trumpet vine. I have one trained as a tall bush. It's growing up one of my plant hooks. I keep it trimmed so it doesn't get out of hand. I hang my hummingbird feeders under it. The shade helps keep the sugar water from going sour so fast.

IMG_4661.JPG

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bay that was a closeup of the flowers, here's another picture of where it is planted, it's shoved in the corner against a fence and the neighbors carport along with an early flowering clematis. These are both old varieties.
DSCN0794.JPG

The earlier flowering one, L. periclymenum 'belgica', the flowers are a softer color but still scented.
Beryl_dad_honeysuckle2JPG.jpg

I have a 6 ft. high stockade type fence around our back yard, built to keep the doberman in. Not very attractive so I planted vines, vines, and more vines :).

I have one more it's a rare heirloom just brought back into cultivation a few years back, It's being persnickty, hasn't quite taken hold yet, it doesn't have any scent but look at those bracks.
Google images
https://www.google.com/search?q=Kin...AhUS62MKHRhoAa8Q9QEIKzAB#imgrc=UUSKeXkOp68EnM:

Annette

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay that was a closeup of the flowers, here's another picture of where it is planted, it's shoved in the corner against a fence and the neighbors carport along with an early flowering clematis. These are both old varieties.View attachment 25752
The earlier flowering one, L. periclymenum 'belgica', the flowers are a softer color but still scented.
View attachment 25753
I have a 6 ft. high stockade type fence around our back yard, built to keep the doberman in. Not very attractive so I planted vines, vines, and more vines :).

I have one more it's a rare heirloom just brought back into cultivation a few years back, It's being persnickty, hasn't quite taken hold yet, it doesn't have any scent but look at those bracks.
Google images
https://www.google.com/search?q=Kintzley's+Ghost&client=firefox-b-ab&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UUSKeXkOp68EnM%3A%2CFyrjxfgYdDx5yM%2C_&usg=__xfah-MlwyTCO8FSvxy2Uz8MnTKc=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPtKOAodnaAhUS62MKHRhoAa8Q9QEIKzAB#imgrc=UUSKeXkOp68EnM:

Annette
Love this.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ghost honeysuckle? I love it!

The honeysuckle growing on your fence is the prettiest I have ever seen!

Latest posts