Hanging out behind all our yards, randomly rambling!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm stuffed!

Have this big pot of chicken soup left over from y'day and I couldn't finish it. . . . especially since I wanted an oatmeal & raisin cookie :p.

Gotta get out there and start wrestling those box frames around now!

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I sure am ready for some outdoor fun. Been stuffed inside for months. So what kind of pie should I bring?

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, for larger crowds, pulled pork is always a good bet. Since we're scattered across the country, I'll pick a central location, say Memphis for the sauce. Maybe make two and do the other in a bourbon or even a raspberry sauce. Of course there has to be snack food while the butts are going through the stall, so I'll wrap some cubed chicken breast with bacon and throw it in the small smoker for a couple of hours. Then when it's ready, I'll fire up the smokey joe jr. dunk the chiken bites in a rum sauce and grill it fast to a shiny, zingy coating. Grilled, bacon wrapped walleye, and some stuffed mushrooms too. Of course, you can't have pulled pork without cole slaw. I like it vinegary with thinly sliced cabbage, no shredding please.
Since I already have the rum out, I'll make some grilled spiced peaches and some homemade ice cream to go with them.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, you'll need to make those pies in a mass production system!

Monty, you're in charge of the barbecue.

I'm the official taste tester!

I'll also make sure everyone gets a ride on a fast boat, but the midnight ride on the hotrod boat driven by our resident hotrod boat guy will be optional. That's only for those who can hold on in a tight power turn at 43 miles per hour...and anyone who does not know how fast that is on a ski boat will need to watch from the picnic tables first :p I'm only still here after last labor day's midnight run because I also held on with my teeth! ...can get a bit chilly even on a warm night too when tons of spray water is hitting you at 43 mph. So Smiles, make sure that fire is nice n hot for when...(if)...we make it back!

For those not so ready for such a ride, we can hop in my classic '57 Lark with the 10 hp outboard. How fast is a 6 minute mile? 10 mph? Still feels like a nice cruise, styling 1957 style! She's white and red with flames, fiberglass, low windshield, right side steering like any american boat, and I ballast her with a couple 5 gallon jugs of water...oh, best water in the world is from a spring across the lake. :)

Who's in charge of the beer? If lucky, we may just have access to wine of a quality you did not know existed...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is turning into one fun outing! Hey Marshall I think I would rather ride with you in the '57 Lark than that speed boat. Whoa. But hanging out on shore with some of that wine. Mmmm sounds pretty good, too! ;)

Latest posts