Hanging out behind all our yards, randomly rambling!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Is it just me or is February absolutely the very worst month of the year?!? Maybe the tone of the month just needs
It's not you. Why do you think the month is so short?

I have the perfect 'cure' for February. My local garden center and the "Johnny Lingo" video.

I spent a goodly time today in the center's green house. "May I help you find something?" the clerk watering plants asked.
"No thanks." "I'm not looking for anything." "I'm just here for the smell," I replied.
She laughed, "Well, enjoy the smell all you want, it's free."

Then there's my 'only in February' video full of long, lean men and sarong-ed women frolicking on white sandy beaches in the South Pacific. Beautiful story and even more beautiful scenery. Gets me through the doldrums of February and come March I can start seedlings and get dirty.

Love, Smart Red

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
About the only thing I have ever considered good about February is that I can start thinking about March. Around here the Crappies start biting in March. I love to fish for Crappies. But then, on the other hand, March can be pretty blustery, too.

Hey Collector, scoot over. You're hogging the whole log.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There you go picking on me again, Steve! :p

This party sounds like a heck of a good time. I'll bring some jalapeno poppers to share :D I think they would go nicely with all this smoked BBQ and pie....

Anyone know how to play guitar?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of my friends play guitar...I play the sax. Do you sing?

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
I confess I have no idea what Patchouli even smells like... I guess I've led a sheltered life. :rolleyes:
If you've ever smelled an Oregon hippie, you'd know. :)
I lived in Eugene Oregon for 10 years before my current residence, and Patchouli is just part of the air there.

Latest posts