Happenings

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
This sounds over simplistic I know, but how much plain water do you drink? Chronic dehydration can be a source for a lot of diseases and ailments.

DS and I can dehydrate so fast. We drink and drink and drink. Constantly seem to be lacking electrolytes. Stress will cause your adrenal glands to use up all your minerals. Stress can even cause you to be dehydrated. If I am having a calm day, I feel good, mouth not dry. DS can come home for lunch and be just wiped out and dehydrated even though drinking a lot of water. I am actually scared to be dehydrated because I know that can cause your blood to thicken.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try a lift top desk.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/vivo-height-adjustable-standing-desk-vivo1105.html

The diet plan sounds good. Veggies will help shed the weight. Just don't rule out meat and eggs-you need the protein.

Looks good. I will have to get coordinated. With my job I am wearing headphones, reading medical reports with my foot on a foot pedal, going forwards, backwards, stopping the report, and editing mistakes. I can have all the meat I want, eggs, and I asked and I can have grass fed butter. She said no dairy, so I am wondering if grass fed if I can have it.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I walked 15 minutes yesterday morning and this morning. I was googling around and saw how people who can walk faster live longer. Even older people 3 miles an hour I think I read should be a goal. I walked about half a mile in 15 minutes, so 3 miles if I was not limping would take me 2-1.2 hours I think. I am carrying a lot of weight. I have some gimpy pain in left hip, but I have a feeling I can get to walking pretty fast. I am not short of breath. I need to find a good place to walk this winter. I could make this a goal to walk 3 mph by this time next year. I am kind of shocked I am enjoying this walking.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Four-legged Tramp next door and I get a little walking in during winter days when the outdoors is snow and ice covered. Tramp stays inside his fenced backyard and I stay inside the four walls of my home.

Initially, I kept track of "laps" and distance. It was a simple matter of measuring the length of the area within the house ... and dropping a penny on the bed every time I passed. (DW kept me confined to one half of the house during these treks. ;))

I came to cover a mile in just over 20 minutes. I found that I walk slower in the house, probably because of all the turns. Wanting 30 minutes of walking and more interested in measuring heart rate than distance, I quit counting laps.

Too often ... I mean ... often enough (!), this is my daily exercise for a winter day. Tramp and I have agreed that it is better than nothing but I limit it to 30 minutes. I think Tramp is only responding to canine instincts ...

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Four-legged Tramp next door and I get a little walking in during winter days when the outdoors is snow and ice covered. Tramp stays inside his fenced backyard and I stay inside the four walls of my home.

Initially, I kept track of "laps" and distance. It was a simple matter of measuring the length of the area within the house ... and dropping a penny on the bed every time I passed. (DW kept me confined to one half of the house during these treks. ;))

I came to cover a mile in just over 20 minutes. I found that I walk slower in the house, probably because of all the turns. Wanting 30 minutes of walking and more interested in measuring heart rate than distance, I quit counting laps.

Too often ... I mean ... often enough (!), this is my daily exercise for a winter day. Tramp and I have agreed that it is better than nothing but I limit it to 30 minutes. I think Tramp is only responding to canine instincts ...

Steve

That means you are covering 3 miles in an hour and will live a long, long time. I actually can make a circle in my house. I can walk through the living room, kitchen, turn into a hall that goes into what was DD's bedroom (now going to be playroom for grandkids), then I have to step down a step walk a few and then step up 2 steps back into the living room. I will have to measure it. I could instead of turn into that hall go into the laundry room, and then down 2 steps and make a small lap around the office, back up the steps and into the kitchen and turn into that hall, or get brave, open the door and go out into the snow lol

Latest posts