Harry Might Not Be A Prince

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well !

Let me just jump in here on this thread and on this day: Father's Day, 2016

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ce-William-Fathers-Day-children-mental-health

We get so many admonitions, guys, about being better fathers on this holiday. I don't see that on a Mother's Day ...

Okay. We can take it and, we probably deserve it.

Prince William decided it was a good time to talk to us about children's mental health. Okay, good.

I'd like to say something about promoting their education. Wow. The stats are a little daunting about how lifetime earnings fall off depending on missed opportunities to increase one's education and knowledge. Daunting!

Too often, I think, dads parent by disapproval. Teenagers especially are driven to deviate, at least in the US. My way or the highway and other toxic manhood cliches ... should be tempered by a hand on the shoulder not to push, just reassuring. Yes, even a hug ... once in awhile.

You may have stumbled on your own path and in your own footsteps - cheer them on as they jog strongly past! Pull them up if they careen off in the ditch. Try to be that example and cut the bs .

Steve ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dads do use the my way or highway. Sons have to face the world for the next family. It's not easy. They have to know to stick up for what is right-regardless what others say is right. When sons need help, who do they call----their dads (in "ghost buster dialect).

Can women do that role, yes, but not as effective. Plus I'd hope no one is always correcting their kids. There should be many great times.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Harry is a prince, check his birth certificate. I'm kind of with Red, Who cares", but it's more of whose business is it anyway?

So many ways to go here but I'll try to be nice. That's not always easy so I'll try to be simple. I have a step-son. DNA does not matter to me.
Nor should it. Any moron can sire or birth a kid. It takes an adult to raise one.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the entire idea behind noble and vassal classes is that DNA does matter.

We may not have a British member to defend their royal family but we did have a war at one time to get this entire concept off our American backs. I'm dismayed at times by the attention we give them here.

I was thinking about posing this to balance the horrid possibility that Harry isn't related to Charles ...

It was from reading Bryan Sykes' book on the genetic history of the British Isles. Nobility didn't always act very noble in their relationships with the peasants, peasant wives, and pretty girls. The spread of certain genetic markers from the lords and masters in some areas of the UK is astounding. Just how many in the local population did these guys father??

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For me as the father of 2 girls and now a very young son for me yes it's about hard limits. There are certain things that are just not ok.

That being said I make sure my all 3 kids know they are doing right. I make sure to communicate that to them. It's not enough to say what's wrong but they need to know when they are doing right. When they don't give up, when their efforts pay off, and when they make the right decisions. When I'm proud of them.

They need to know that too. Help ensure they make better decisions especially once I'm not there.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Royal family is part of world history. How many family's can be trace so far back. How many family's have changed history. Right now they might not have any political power , but at one time they did . Would much rather read about them then the Kardashians.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know. I think they look like with their kid pictures. They have the same kind of ears, but Charles raised him and he will be his dad and he is a prince.
Charles and sons.jpg
Harry and Charles.jpg
Prince c again.jpg
Prince charles child.jpg
Charles and kids.jpg