~ HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD...? New madness ?? ~

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow

"The Wholesome Wave Foundation, whose mission is to get more fresh fruits and vegetables into underserved, low-income communities at an affordable price." reported upon by Samuel Fromartz

In fact the whole article is very interesting I think .......in many ways!

I would like to know more about Pamela Ronald, a professor of plant pathology at UC Davis, who gave a talk about the need for genetically modified food to feed the world -- a familiar talking point in industrial agriculture circles. Do read this second part of this article!

http://www.chewswise.com/chews/2010...ail&utm_campaign=Feed:+ChewsWise+(Chews+Wise)

Hattie

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not wild about turning them loose in ocean as they will eat what the wild salmon eat, thus reducing the numbers. If they kept them in fish farms w/no way to escape (not even in storm conditions), I'd have to rethink it.

For those who don't like cross breeds of species, let's start a ban on mules..........Let's get busy.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Hrrrrrrrumph............!!..........Tell me how we ever can make containment totally sure? PLEASE.....!! :idunno

:old Hattie :old

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will we never learn- you can't mess with mother nature!!! I would not even consider eating this fish and I am about a minute away from giving up seafood altogether! Thanks for the article, Hattie. Seedcorn, scientists did create mules. There is quite a difference between messing with DNA in a test tube and a natural cross breeding...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great... I've been dying for one of those 3 eyed mutant fish dinners. How lucky are we!!!??? :D Yummmmm

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Two_Cars_in_Every_Garage_and_Three_Eyes_on_Every_Fish.png

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
:rolleyes:

Hrrrrrrrumph............!!..........Tell me how we ever can make containment totally sure? PLEASE.....!! :idunno

:old Hattie :old
Sooner or later some will escape and breed.
As Jeff Goldblums character in Jurassic Park said,"Life finds a way".

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought horses and donkeys get together and make mules the good ol' fashioned way? :lol: Mules can't breed though, because they're sterile.

ETA: And zonkeys too... All are members of the horse family anyway. From wiki:
In South Africa they occur where zebras and donkeys are found in proximity to each other. Like mules, however, they are genetically unable to breed, due to an odd number of chromosomes disrupting meiosis.